Key Detection problem!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NS633

There's no issue until I start the vehicle while the key is with me.
But after turning it ON,while I leave the key in the vehicle,
If I open and close any door the car starts to beep and a message pops up on the dash saying that the key is missing!
Tried changing keys,tried replacing the battery with a new one too.
Still no luck!
What could be the problem? Sooooo Confused :roll:

Have you tried sticking the key in the little slot in the centre console ? (below the air conditioning controls)

Not entirely sure what it does or how it works, but I believe that is meant to do something about re-synchronising the key or getting the car to recognise it again ??

Might not work, but worth a try !

geoffshep69 said:
Have you tried sticking the key in the little slot in the centre console ? (below the air conditioning controls)

Not entirely sure what it does or how it works, but I believe that is meant to do something about re-synchronising the key or getting the car to recognise it again ??

Might not work, but worth a try !
Yeah I did try,but the only difference when I insert the key into the key slot is that after you turn off the engine,a message appears saying that the key is still in the slot.
But if I open and close a door while the key is in the slot(the engine is turned ON),the problem persists.
I don't know what's wrong.
Very complicated.

Ours doesn't like being close to a mobile phone. Seems to block the reception of the key, eg close together in a pocket or handbag.

Ours will sometimes detect the key as being inside the car when you stand outside at the drivers door with the key in your pocket. When this happens the button on the door handle doesn't work to unlock, and if you are trying to lock from this position it beeps at you that it's still in the car.

I have had the issue even when my phone isn't nearby, the only solution is to take them out of my pocket to a higher position further away, or since I am now holding my keys just use that button.

The issue is the same with the key in my wife's handbag, and I get updated regularly on when it won't unlock for her, especially when its raining.

I may need to add an extra thick metal lining to the inside of the door trim.

I'd assumed it was a security thing, as in - "Um, btw, did you know you left your key in the car?" - just another excuse for it to beep at you...

Also found that mobile phones being too near my keys whilst in handbag can cause issues...

Yesterday I got a message on the dash saying “please service Immobilizer” but why??
It’s getting really confusing. :oops:

Back