PHEV Watchdog for all.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little update on v0.9 development.

Regenerative breaking power now shows (negative values) under Combined Motors Power.

I've seen values up to nearly 57kW under hard braking.

Screenshot_2017_10_13_18_05_20.jpg

New values under trip summary screen:
Stopped time
Driving style
Weather season
Wall-to-wheel average electric consumption
Distance traveled since last fuell refill
Average / maximum regenerative braking power
Average motor ratio power

phev_watchdog_v0_9_03.jpg

Cells map for both voltage and temperature

Screenshot_20171016-182317.png

From other new things ;)

And I'm trying to calibrate the eco score correctly (that leaf meter in the trip screen) for that I need to do some data mining, I would apreciate if you could send me your trip records. Just go to the settings menu, do a backup of the database and send me the backup file (most recent file that should have the extension db) under the "PHEVWatchdogLogs" folder in your mobile device.

[email protected]

Thank you!

Screenshot_1508964680.jpg

GreyBigFoot said:
A little update on v0.9 development.

Regenerative breaking power now shows (negative values) under Combined Motors Power.

I've seen values up to nearly 57kW under hard braking.

Nice :geek:

It will be nice to use real time information for have the max charge and max discharge of the battery .. in the trip summary ;)

What is shown now by your apps, and as well by the pay app for PHEV .. it is some stored value which has mystery origin for me ...

Back to the 57kw recharge ... wow ... now you know why I did change my B5 style into B0/B1 .. pushing 57kw recharge in the battery even for only few instants/seconds ... in my book it does damage the battery health

I believe the input power is limited by the BMU, precisely to avoid such kind of damage.

Usually Battery Max input Power figure starts at 25kW (after a full charge) and goes up to 40kW. Never seen more than this.

Good afternoon, thanks for the program!

Tell me, the program will support Wi-Fi?
I have the adapter, Vgate icar2 ELM327 Wifi

Just bought a 2014 PHEV and have been wondering if there was something like this. Once I get over the cost of the car I'll get myself an ODB adapter and have a go with this - what a fantastic piece of work for very little reward. Thank you GBF.

OK, about v0.9...

I'm gonna do the release differently this time as I want to precise test a new breakthrough feature within a smaller group.
So, I will be releasing soon the first version of v0.9 to a restricted group of users, which are those who have made a donation up to today (don't do a donation now to get v0.9, you won't get it). I thinks it's a fair decision that also is a way to say thanks to those who have helped and motivated me. After having your feedback and fixed the eventual issues I'll release the v0.9 for everyone...

I can assure to you all that's worth the wait, v0.9 brings a lot of cool new features :)

PHEV Watchdog net is now live!

For those who don't have (and don't want) a facebook account, you can now download the latest release of the app (v0.8.2) here:

http://phevwatchdog.net/

No need to create an account for know, at this time it's restricted to a group of user (still testing).

Have fun ;)

I made that video a while a go (i think for v0.8.1), I may have to updated it soon for v0.9 when it's available.

I'll leave here just a peek into the features I'm working on the Dog net ;)

dognet_01.jpg

dognet_04.jpg

dognet_05.jpg

dognet_06.jpg

Being able to centralize the data in Dog net gives the possibility to build good analysis tools around the input collected from users.
Still very at the beginning, but I guess you can get an idea from the pictures. This web portal will allow me to extend the functionality of the app to a whole new level.

At the moment and just based on a 25 vehicle sample it's interesting to see that the average consumption is about 22kWh/100km and 1.7L/100km which I think is spot on with what's announced by Mitsubishi. Also on average there is 80% of EV driving, which seems to point that most users are making a good usage of their PHEV. And the best traveled distance befoer ICE kicked in is set at 59km!... I guess that should be hard to beat :)

Picking up my phev tomorrow, already have a ELM327 V1.5 dongle for other reasons so I plugged it into the ones I tested over the weekend, great app but I didnt seem to be able to get battery info up on it? (v0.8.2 I think , whatever is on the website public).

I could monitor the trips etc ok

Now that the cars are (finally) on the road in North America (you know it's coming... :lol: ) - how about a option for imperial units and a US gallon?*

Also...for the love of electrons everywhere, how can I get rid of the nag screen on startup? I've donated and still have the screen.**

I look forward to the cell-level visibility in 0.9.

Great work!

Edit...
* Miles/US gallons are coming in 0.9.x
** The nag screen is cleared. Thanks!

Thank you.

@robdickinson, no battery data means your OBD adapter is not compatible with the App.

Look here for a list of reported working adapters.

@Andy H, oh yes US gallons are missing. I've added this to 0.9.x.

I've been focused on version v0.9.2. Another few days of testing and I should start to make it available gradually.

This version is very stable, a bit faster and brings a lot of new features.
I hope this is the final version that I will make available to everyone.

I also enabled a demo user at Dog-net, anyone who want to take a peak inside can login using "showme" as username and password.

I have made a donation but the screen asking for donations still appears on startup and takes too long to disappear.

Still have nag screen I'm beging to wish I'd not contributed.

Also V8 when set to imperial units shows 0mpg but shows true consumption in metric units.

Back