disable alarm sensors

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryP

Hi everyone,

In my last few cars there was a button you could press before locking it, this would arm the alarm but not the internal sensors.

This saves you from setting the alarm off when leaving a dog or child in the car for a min.

I often lock my son in the car while I pick the other one up from nursery. I can see the car the whole time so can unlock / re lock the car if he sets it off, but the schools next to a housing estate and I'm becoming unpopular at 7am.

Can you supress the sensors or lock the door without setting the alarm?

Harry

You certainly can if you use the physical key to lock the car. I believe there is some obscure combination of button presses that allows you to disarm the alarm when locking with the remote control, but I don't know what it is.

To disable the alarm sensor you have two options.

1. You could read the manual :idea:

or use the following instructions ;)

Put the operation mode in OFF.
Raise and hold the wiper and washer switch to the “MIST” position for about 3 seconds. The buzzer will sound once and the function will be deactivated.

To activate the function again, raise and hold the wiper and washer switch to the “MIST” position for about 3 seconds. The buzzer will sound twice and the function will be activated.

Ozukus said:
To disable the alarm sensor you have two options.

1. You could read the manual :idea:

or use the following instructions ;)

Raise and hold the wiper and washer switch to the “MIST” position for about 3 seconds. The buzzer will sound once and the function will be deactivated.

To activate the function again, raise and hold the wiper and washer switch to the “MIST” position for about 3 seconds. The buzzer will sound twice and the function will be activated.
This probably applies to the factory alarm. In the Netherlands (and some other countries as well, perhaps) we only have after market alarm systems. If you have an after market system, it totally depends on the make and model of the system.

Ozukus said:

Works well, I often use it when the dog is in the back.

puckernutter said:
I don't get it? So you will have to waste 6 seconds of washer fluid to toggle the function off/on?

Ozukus wrote:

pucker, key here is that the car is OFF, so the demisters don't operate, the wiper arm is just used to select a setting.

I can't get this to work on my -17 PHEV.
After stopping the car, put it in P and press the handbrake button, I press the power button and the car goes to off. I then raise the wiper arm to the mist position for at least 3 seconds but I never get the alarm deactivation signal.

Doses anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Hi. Sorry to be dense but how do I put the operation mode in OFF before I start the MIST thing for the dog?? Thanks

Park up as normal, switch off the car by pressing the "Start" button (*) so that everything shuts down and then move the washer arm UP (as if you are turning left with the indicator stalk) and hold until you hear the beep.

(*) just like Microsoft Windows, press Start to Shutdown!

ktd said:
I can't get this to work on my -17 PHEV.
After stopping the car, put it in P and press the handbrake button, I press the power button and the car goes to off. I then raise the wiper arm to the mist position for at least 3 seconds but I never get the alarm deactivation signal.

Doses anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Does anybody know why this doesn't work for some and a solution?
I have an Australian model 2014

Hiya, I can confirm that the instructions DO NOT WORK for the Australian 2014 model (in my case the Aspire).

There appear to be a list of things that we didn't get, and I suspect that this is another one.

i.e.

Lane Departure Warning
Speed Alert
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Powered Folding Mirrors
DAB Radio

AndyInOz said:
Hiya, I can confirm that the instructions DO NOT WORK for the Australian 2014 model (in my case the Aspire).

There appear to be a list of things that we didn't get, and I suspect that this is another one.

i.e.

Lane Departure Warning
Speed Alert
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Powered Folding Mirrors
DAB Radio

Thanks Andy.
I will try pulling the fuses for the horn and the security horn when I have to leave the car for a few days. It is in a fairly safe spot but the geckos are all over the place and sometimes hitch a ride, so there is a chance of one crawling over a sensor when I am gone and I have a very, very nasty neighbour, who even calls the council every time a dog barks.

Back