Won't charge

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tex

I have just had a home charger installed but the car is refusing to accept the charge.
The charger indicates that charge is "suspended by the vehicle or a car led scheduled charge has been set" but nothing has been programmed for any day or time.
If I connect the supplied 13amp cable everything works well.

Any ideas?

I am assuming that the installers tested the charge point with a gizmo that simulates a car being on the end of it, so would also assume that the charge point is OK.

That leaves the control signal between the Phev and the charger. The control wire pin inside the plug is rececessed compared to the Live and Neutral pins, so make sure that you have pushed the plug fully home into the socket - it may be stiffer than the plug on the 13A cable. There is also a microswitch on the release catch, so again, make sure that the catch button is fully back to the 'up' position and not slightly pressed down as if ready to disconnect the plug.

Is it a tethered cable or a socket based one?

I had a problem that sounds awfully similar in my PHEV when i first got it. Turned out to be the Rolec charging cable was incompaitble or just plain broken in my case.

I tried someone else's cable to prove it first and then had to get a new cable.

Unfortunately for me Rolec are sh1t and wont take the cable back.

Thanks for the replies.
It is a tethered cable and I will experiment with the plug connection and release catch this evening to see if that is the issue.
Hopefully it is something that simple.

It worked!
Checked plug was fully home and release catch was released and hey presto, charging.
Thanks for the help.

Slightly different but bought a 4h a couple of weeks ago, plugged it in to charge it with the 13a charger and the light on the charger tell me the battery is fully charged when it's flat. Any ideas anyone?

SteveM said:
Slightly different but bought a 4h a couple of weeks ago, plugged it in to charge it with the 13a charger and the light on the charger tell me the battery is fully charged when it's flat. Any ideas anyone?

Maybe on the MMCS of the PHEV it is configured some specific time for charge the car (this can also be set over the Mitusbishi Apps over WiFi too) ... check this and eventually reset these configuration.

Or the most common cause: Not plugged in and locked all the way.
Or a broken/bent microswitch in the plug.

Hello,

I am a new member and the owner of outlander phev ( 2014.).

I have a problem. It will not charge ( like it is not pluged in the socket ).

Usualy when pluged I can hear the relays click and now nothing.

But when I charge it by pressing CHARGE button it charges.

Please help. Any advice ?

As above, a common problem is the microswitch in the plug that connects to the car. If it's not operating, nothing at all will happen. If it's on the limit of operation, sometimes the car will cut off the charge in mid stream, as it were. I've had to adjust two of them. See the pic below.

1zdxcab.jpg

Thank you for your explanation.

I checked the plug and it is ok.
My worry is charger.
Does anybody knows how to check the charger ( beside connecting diagnostic ).

Back