Paired Bluetooth Devices

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharrabang78

Hi All.

I know there has been a lot of talk regarding bluetooth and calls dropping but so far i seem to be doing okay since i turned off the wifi on my iPhone6 but my question is as follows.

I have two phones paired to the car, mine and my wifes which is great when we are not in the car together as it automatically picks up the device for calls and music but when we are both in the car together it may pick my phone up for calls and my wifes for music or vise versa. For example today, as soon as we both got in the car my wifes phone connected for music and my phone connected for calls - is there a way to prioritise this or the MMCS ask/confirm which device you want connecting?

Thanks in advance!

Yes and I have another Bluetooth question to add to sharrabang78.
So I've switched the Mode to Bluetooth. The last item played on my iPhone 5s starts to play again, often a podcast but I don't want to listen to this so I hit the stop play button on the main screen in the car. But when using google maps on my iPhone the spoken directions are then cut off mid sentence, very odd. She will say "turn left at the...", or "turn right onto...". If I press play on the main screen then the google maps spoken directions function normally and I have to listen to the podcast. The same problem happens if I press pause instead of stop on the main screen. So the question is, is this caused by the car system or something I have done with the phone? What is very strange about this is the way the spoken directions are interrupted instead of being stopped altogether.

Back