Let's go pure EV...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Titan said:
How? Want! :)

Just changes in control software. Nothing special at the moment, first tests. Throttle pedal is not yet recalibrated for EV, etc, many small things to be reprogrammed to make it really working.

BTW, I upload 0-100 test and top speed test at the highway. YOU WILL BE SURPRISED....I REALLY was. :shock:

anko said:
Wow! 140 on battery power alone !!! You are GOD.

150 km/h sir, 150... do not insult our great PHEVs. And my winter tyres are 3% oversized (225/70/16 instead of 225/55/18 summer) - so that was REAL 150 km/h

Now I see it is really great car! I think when I increase launch-off current settings and progression (already corrected in 2016 edition of PHEV) and find how to stop heating while in winter - I will focus on app for reflashing via OBD.
Any other ideas welcome. I will drive now this setup every day, so I can verify if all is ok.

Just with that extra 10 kw. Im afraid to set more as this is not a big traction battery. Btw it shows power quite accurate. Up to end of green area is a factory ev power. 60 kw. And now it shows more or less correct 70 kw. It is clearly visible that current progress blocks faster launch. This I correct this evening. If my Wife doesnt kill me for spending next night at Phev code...

This is great news, do not forget us in the UK, I am really looking forward to this ~ while you are playing with the modules remember auto locking doors

Auto locking doors is something we (I) already have. But the way I have done it requires purchasing a rather expensive interface cable and downloading some software, called ETACS Decoder ;-)

vtechtuning said:
now it shows more or less correct 70 kw. It is clearly visible that current progress blocks faster launch. This I correct this evening. If my Wife doesnt kill me for spending next night at Phev code...

Well done, exciting stuff you are doing with the PHEV! Looking forward to seeing how far you can go with your mods.

anko said:
Auto locking doors is something we (I) already have. But the way I have done it requires purchasing a rather expensive interface cable and downloading some software, called ETACS Decoder ;-)

Can you not code through a normal USB to OBD? I do a lot of coding to BMW and mini in that manor but don't know about mitsubishi...

OK, to be serious - we have bought PHEV and Leaf just for reversing. I rather disliked EVs idea, I have even written 2-3 years ago few articles criticizing EV idea and Leaf as a car of the year 2012. Then I started to drive (commute) last year with our PHEV and my mind changed a bit. Our work with dynos, tests, prototypes etc is loud and/or braineater. Driving with silence is so new, brilliant and beloved.
Commercial goal is to be prepared for EV era as a tuning company. Reversing EVs is not a sole step. We have also built portable EV Chademo compatible charger (just 11kW, but for home use) and we have applied for join Chademo organization. So we do what we can.
We will see what I can do, but the goal is to make android flasher for reprogramming PHEV_ECU & ENGINE_ECU via OBD port (as we do for all other our developments). And what exactly can be programmed? This is just a question of time and immagination. But for instance for VAG group I did chip tuning selectable by jog dial and visible as options at dashboard menu. I want to reach something similar. At least in my dreams. Last brainstorm idea (from today) was: LEV40 can be oficially discharged with 5C - thus 60 kW is exactly that 5C (best conditions). But 10C is "acceptable for short time (120 sek). So friend's idea was - let's program, that if tuned ECO mode (pure EV mode) is used, then 70 kW is a max power, but if you press kickdown and battery is over 30% of real SOC (at least 1 km of EV range) - so when you press kickdown, you can drive up to 60 seconds with 120 kW (10 C discharge). Then - if NORMAL is invoked - lets do the same - but engine helps with additional 60 kW of power. Eh, dreams...

vtechtuning said:
so when you press kickdown, you can drive up to 60 seconds with 120 kW (10 C discharge). Then - if NORMAL is invoked - lets do the same - but engine helps with additional 60 kW of power. Eh, dreams...

Please keep dreaming, this is exciting!
What is the max power the E-motors can handle, wouldn't that be (120+60)/2 = 90kW per E-motor in your "Super-Normal" mode? Or are you thinking the ICE would parallel/direct drive?

Also, you hinted that you know the difference made to the 2016 PHEV 0-100 acceleration. Can you confirm that its just a software change, and whether you can do the same thing on a 2013-15 PHEV?

And a couple of mod suggestions -
1. Brake lights come on in lower "B1-5" settings.

2. a "B6", or is B5 the limit of both E-motors?

zzcoopej said:
2. a "B6", or is B5 the limit of both E-motors?
B5 does not specify a specific amount of regen power or force. With selecting B5 you tell the car you "intent it to slow down with 0,11G (1 m/s2) when you lift the throttle". Depending on circumstances (mass, speed, slope, trailer) this will result in more or less regen power. It might require more regen power than the engines and / or battery can handle or are supposed to handle. In that case, you will deceleration will be less. A good example of this is when the battery is rather full. Also, when descending from a steep slope at high speed, you may even accelerate, even though you are in B5. But in this case, it is still trying to decelerate with 1ms2, giving it all it has.

But we know, in normal conditions, when you hit the brakes in B5, you will decelerate faster and regen will increase. So, the infrastructure is capable of handling more than 1 m/s2 (more than B5). I think it is more than double. That being said, would you really need something stronger than B5 without using the brake pedal?

anko said:
selecting B5 you tell the car you "intent it to slow down with 0,11G (1 m/s2)
Ok that makes sense.
anko said:
would you really need something stronger than B5 without using the brake pedal?
I find I use the paddles more and more, I even discovered the hold-paddle function only the other day (I can't remember, I think it resets from B5 straight to B2?)

Back