49C

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwatpe

Brazil is not the only place it is hot.

PHEV endured 49C today, with Aircon drawing around 4kW. Was comfy in the cabin, with temp set to 23C. Windows are still hot to touch though. Even managed a pic.

49_C.gif

Was a bit blurred, but heh it was really hot and I did not want to stop driving..

zzcoopej said:
gwatpe said:
PHEV endured 49C today

Ouch! If you didn't have any problems, I wonder why the guy from Brazil had problems, wasn't his issue at 43*C ?

I got the impression that he was in the city - so slower driving (less "wind chill" :lol:) but presumably much higher humidity as well. I also note gwatpe had the cabin temp relatively high at 23c so not asking as much from the aircon, possibly. Certainly, here in the UK, when it gets "hot" I tend to set the aircon at 16c to get that smug driving around in a fridge feeling :cool: . I imagine trying that low at 49c in the PHEV might be asking too much.

I am sorry, but the minimum setting on the AUS shipped PHEV is 18C. 23C is actually quite cold for summer I don't know why you would need it set any colder as a cooler. Even in winter, I set the heater to only 20C, or just the fan.

BTW, I was driving in the city. The PHEV is certainly not quiet, when the aircon fans are running flat stick. Don't need any Acoustic sound warning system.

After what the poster in Brazil said, I was half expecting the PHEV to conk out. Might be something to do with the battery temperature, and this would make more sense.

gwatpe said:
Brazil is not the only place it is hot.

PHEV endured 49C today, with Aircon drawing around 4kW. Was comfy in the cabin, with temp set to 23C. Windows are still hot to touch though. Even managed a pic.

49_C.gif

Was a bit blurred, but heh it was really hot and I did not want to stop driving..
It seems the heat gave you the shakes :D

Is your AC was in auto mode? My was in 22c in auto. In that case, I was also in charging mode, Since then, I'm saving about 30% and release the save botton when stuck in traffic in hot days. never happens again..

We might complain about the weather in England, but this makes me glad I live in such a meteorologically benevolent place. Very, very rarely hotter than 30C or colder than -10C. :D

With great joy, I've driven home from work in the mid 40s, and the car performed brilliantly, with the air-conditioner on.

Like driving around in a near-silent esky.

But, 49 I have not done yet. Where are you? Whyalla?

gwatpe said:
23C is actually quite cold for summer I don't know why you would need it set any colder as a cooler. Even in winter, I set the heater to only 20C, or just the fan.

23c is a heat wave in UK :lol: Also we only get it really hot when the sun is beating down relentlessly so 16c offsets the solar gain through the window glass - no hot wind from the Red Centre for us :cool:

Back