Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Unofficial PHEV wifi app
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:44 pm 

Hi wazzad,

I have found that the OBD interface is a bit problematic, so any other method of data access would be great.

The MMCS has fuel consumption, electrical power energy data on various screens. A numerical value for petrol consumption as well as an average kWh/100km and L/100km on the same page would be very useful.

Make the GRID your friend.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:17 am 

gwatpe wrote:
The MMCS has fuel consumption, electrical power energy data on various screens. A numerical value for petrol consumption as well as an average kWh/100km and L/100km on the same page would be very useful.

Yes, like a more advanced trip computer showing all kinds of data.
Like, Power consumption and real fuel consumption separated and combined. Total cost of trip ( electricity + fuel ). Time of trip. Distance of trip, etc. I have seen several cars with more fun/useful data than what I can se on the MMCS in my Outlander PHEV.
Would be great to bring that to the PHEV.

please :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:06 am 

This sounds excellent. Apart from the suggestions so far it'll be great if the thing can actually be made to register with the car unlike the buggy Mitsu version.

Is it likely to be possible to be able to register more than two devices?

JimB

'16 GX4H, Orient Red, Gen 3 Glasscoat, Bonnet Lettering, Chrome Pack, Protection Pack, Front and Rear Sensors.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:16 am 

Claymore wrote:
This sounds excellent. Apart from the suggestions so far it'll be great if the thing can actually be made to register with the car unlike the buggy Mitsu version.

Is it likely to be possible to be able to register more than two devices?

JimB

Connections within the mitsu app are handled quite badly IMO, I will be a user of this app myself so I will do my best to make it more usable than the official version. In regards to registering more than two devices, I suspect this is a limitation with the wifi controller itself however is not hard set (could be changed to allow more) however this will not be something I suspect I can change with the app itself as would likely require a flash of the wifi controller.

Saying that every suggestion here will be tested and will list up all of them with reasons as to why it will / wont make first release, so far everything mentioned I will try my hardest to implement.

Keep the suggestions rolling all!

On another more scary note, playing with this has given me the chance to work out how insecure these devices potentially are to malicious hackers. without going into too much detail as I will not disclose specifics till I can give Mitsubishi a chance to patch/address first but taking over your app and related functions is actually rather trivial, took me exactly 90 seconds to take over the car from an unregistered device! . . . . . . . kind of scary considering the more and more undocumented controls I am finding.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:36 pm 

I suspect that any existing PHEV owner will be stuck with whatever hardware is in their car. MMC would be reluctant to replace any ECU, and it may not be possible to add say a firewall functionality to an existing ECU.

Make the GRID your friend.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:57 pm 

How about a car location function

That way I can keep an eye on when it is on the move when I am away

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:12 pm 

ScottyP wrote:
How about a car location function

That way I can keep an eye on when it is on the move when I am away

Awesome Idea however this will require a mobile data connection, I have started playing around with RDS (Radio Data Streaming) but remote access without using the wifi is something I would not really be keen on suggesting to anyone considering how closely the wifi ECU appears to be linked with the rest of the vehicle control systems.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:16 pm 

You've gone awfully quiet on this wazzad. Please tell me that's because you are heavily coding right now.
Otherwise I am going to have to assume that someone got to you and put a stop to this awesome sounding work you are doing.

Bring it on. Let's have some fun with our data exposition and car control !!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:17 pm 

Brilliant idea!
I am so unhappy with official app, it is so unstable and slow with sending commands to the car.
Maybe it is possible to set heating power to be lower than max while remote heating? Because now it is using more power than 2kW from factory charger and discharge battery a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:43 am 

wazzad wrote:
On another more scary note, playing with this has given me the chance to work out how insecure these devices potentially are to malicious hackers. without going into too much detail as I will not disclose specifics till I can give Mitsubishi a chance to patch/address first but taking over your app and related functions is actually rather trivial, took me exactly 90 seconds to take over the car from an unregistered device! . . . . . . . kind of scary considering the more and more undocumented controls I am finding.

I hope Mitsubishi pay you a vulnerability bounty :shock:

Plus, there's an opportunity here for you to replace their awful app with yours ... should be a nice ongoing money spinner :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next