Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Who can help me with charging timer settings
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:05 pm 

Hi Greendwarf,

I appreciate from your comment that I have made it look very complicated. My intention is to explain it clearly so it can work simply and effectively! That unfortunately made it lengthy as well.

I do hope it is useful for anyone with the software. Now it is finally working it is excellent. But I'm glad I didn't wait for the dealer to get it working!

ECO 101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:16 am 

My timer and remote have been working OK for 2 years now (though it is frustrating that the car always grabs the wi-fi connection and therefore stops Google maps or other wi fi or internet from working unless it is manually switched off!

However, I recently had the upgrade to the 14 letter password and even though I downloaded Remote software 1 (I have a brake handle so this is the right version) it would not connect. When I took the car back, they diagnosed a faulty chip (?) and booked it in to replace it - which they did today. Guess what - it still won't connect! It beeps to register after pushing lock/unlock 5 times (as it should) but it fails to find the remote even having ensured the correct name and password. The techie cannot make it work!

It is going back at the end of July but I suspect they will not be able to fix it then either. Any ideas? Android phone is running Oreo, 8.1.0 (5th May 2018)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:29 am 

I have now found that though the remote Android connection doesn't work with Oreo, it does work with an earlier version, Android 6.0, Marshmallow, dated 1 June 2016.

So I have to revert to an earlier phone! This is a bit crazy. You would imagine that systems should be backward compatible.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:33 am 

Thank you, Eco.
I will refer this page once I have time to re program my timer.

Using the level 1 charger in the USA, usually take me 8+ hours to charge.

With the level 2 charger, I will not need more that 4hours charging. Specially nice on the weekend.

Tai

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:20 pm 

Thanks Tai - here in Australia we are at 240 volts (your level 2, I guess), so it only ever takes me 4 hours for a full charge! Hope you are enjoying your car as much as I am - best one I've ever had, despite he frustrations with remotes etc!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:35 am 

ECO101 wrote:
... (though it is frustrating that the car always grabs the wi-fi connection and therefore stops Google maps or other wi fi or internet from working unless it is manually switched off!

With an iPhone, you can select a wifi connection and tell the phone not to connect to it automatically. This means it stays on 3G/4G in the car unless I connect to the car's WiFi manually. I assume that there must be some similar setting in Android

You may have speed, but I have momentum...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:32 am 

ThudnBlundr wrote:
ECO101 wrote:
... (though it is frustrating that the car always grabs the wi-fi connection and therefore stops Google maps or other wi fi or internet from working unless it is manually switched off!

With an iPhone, you can select a wifi connection and tell the phone not to connect to it automatically. This means it stays on 3G/4G in the car unless I connect to the car's WiFi manually. I assume that there must be some similar setting in Android

In the Android Auto settings you can setup so that wifi is turned off if connected via USB to the car. This ensure you have mobile data available for maps, etc. Once you disconnect from the usb, your phone wifi will turn back on (assuming it was on when you connected).

Rich

** Sorry correction the setting is Turn Wi-Fi off when Android Auto is running. I guess this is less useful unless you happen to have one of the models which uses Android Auto for the MMCS **

Last edited by Rich on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:46 am 

It is worth noting that on newer models (mine is MY2017) there is a button on the side of the remote (circle with clock) which overrides all timers and will start charging immediately. I believe you need all doors closed as this also locks the car when it starts the charge. I use this for any immediate charging and have one simple program for my overnight, keep going until full, anywhere charge.

I have found that for me this has worked very well and is simple to use.

Rich

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:52 am 

ECO101 wrote:
I have now found that though the remote Android connection doesn't work with Oreo, it does work with an earlier version, Android 6.0, Marshmallow, dated 1 June 2016.

So I have to revert to an earlier phone! This is a bit crazy. You would imagine that systems should be backward compatible.

I have recently upgraded to Oreo (Android V8) running on a Samsung S7 with Remote Ctrl App Version 2 and this works fine. I normally check my wifi is on and start the connection to the car first and then click to start the App. This ensures I'm connecting to the correct network as the App is starting up. I normally see a message from the phone to say No internet available check connection but I ignore this. If your phone is setup to start searching for another network this will stop the connection to the car.

Rich

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:34 pm 

Thanks Rich - you have a newer model (presumably with electric handbrake?) which uses Remote Control II. Mine is earlier version which now needs Remote Control I (since upgrade to 14 digit password). I tried II but it clearly was not going to work at all on my vehicle. It was Android 8 Oreo on a brand new Elephone A4. Now reverted to Android 6 Marshmallow and it's fine. My remote does not have the timer over-ride button you mention.