Bluetooth issues...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awasen

I have had my PHEV now for about 6 months (2016 Swedish/Nordic model) and have had problems with the Bluetooth (BT) connection from get-go...

First it constantly flicked on/off during calls even with WiFi tuned off. This was fixed in a BT upgrade at the dealer after a few weeks. I have still issues and wanted to check if some others experience the same as my dealer says it is my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) even though my wife's iPhone 6 also has issues.

Problem #1, the phone book import isn't working. It says "Importing..." and "Import completed" but the Car's phone book is still empty, this happens for both my Samsung and iPhone. I want the phone book imported so I can see who is calling and faster access to numbers (the Mobile phone book on the display is extremely slow (and it is illegal in Sweden to touch your phone while driving))

Problem #2, answering incoming calls takes a long time even though the phone has "picked up" already. I answer the call on the steering wheel button, the radio/music goes quiet and it is completely quiet for about 2 seconds, then there is a short blip from the radio/music and the quiet again for about 2-3 seconds before the sound from the call is connected to the BT phone sound. During these about 5 seconds the caller can't hear me nor I him and often the caller thinks something went wrong and hangs up.

Problem #3, calls are terminated out of the blue. Using wired headset on the same roads there is never a problem but using BT call (as caller or callee) the call is sometimes just cut.

Problem #4, during calls the screen is completely blank (just the blue background) and if I want to redial for example sometimes I just get a blank screen with a 0 (=zero) up in teh right hand corner of the screen.

Anyone recognize these issues?

I did manage to import my contacts into the car ... it took a while but it did work (Used an Android 6) ... I have over 500 contacts on my phone, that make the MMCS selection almost impossible (too slow to select a contact from over 500 names over MMCS)

Notice that the MMCS has both the phone contacts, and as well, it has its own contacts.

Own contacts need to be enter by voice ... and it is a very fuzzy procedure that has tons of wrong interpretation of voice commands .. luckily one enter buy voice, it could be corrected by MMCS touch inputs

Pick up a call is relative slow, but for me it is not as slow as you describe

All in all ... like many MMCS functions is not smooth nor bug free

After service my phone did not connect anymore to my PHEV, even both the configurations were present ... I had to re-pair and all is looking in order now ... so far except the post service issue, I never had any bluetooth issue while calling ... still I'm not an heavy phone user in the car so, this could hide me some reliability issues

I having Bluetooth linking/connection issues after I paired my phone. Sometimes it works fine and other times it won’t re-connect.
Solution=Cut the main power and reconnect. Sometimes I have also reset my own cell phone.
I look forward to a software update

- PHEV instyle navi, (Finland model).
- LG Gflex_2 and is also supported.

It is a well known and documented issue. Switch of wifi and it should be okay. Wifi and bluetooth don't mix well in the outlander.
I use the app smart connect to have it automatically. Works most of the time.

Gouda said:
It is a well known and documented issue. Switch of wifi and it should be okay. Wifi and bluetooth don't mix well in the outlander.
I use the app smart connect to have it automatically. Works most of the time.

Well, that's the first thing I did... Doesn't work anyway.

The dealer has now agreed to bring it in for a more in-depth check...

Got the car back from the dealer with the same crappy argument, "It's your phone... Samsung has all kinds of problems... You need to buy an iPhone"... :(

Well, my wife has an iPhone and that has no sound at all in the hands-free. Again according to Mitsubishi it probably has some problem, something that has gone wrong in an update or something.

They simply refuse to acknowledge that there is some issue with the car itself and not on all FOUR of the phones I've tested, two different Android and two different iPhones.

Hi
My Samsung Galaxy S2 has always worked in the wife's PHEV. However, I never have WiFi switched on whilst in the car.

Well, after 1½ years they finally seem to have gotten a Bluetooth software for the car that works!

I went into the dealer (again) as the winter tires pressure sensor went off while switching tires (Winter is coming in Sweden) and apparently my car had forgotten the sensors since last winter... At the same time they pushed a new BT software and WOW what a difference!

Now my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge connects to BT in the car in about 5 seconds (previously it was about 20-30 seconds and sometimes 2-3 retries) and I have had no calls cut off or issues (scraping sounds) while listening to Spotify since the upgrade.

Figured to report back that it was the car all along and not my "crappy Samsung" (as the support technician called it earlier)...

Back