Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Drive battery degradation . Houston, do we have a proble
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:25 pm 

mellobob wrote:
anko wrote:
mellobob wrote:
what is the keyfob hack? Will it work on my Canadian/18? I truly hate using the cell phone app for this!!!!
What is a search function? :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2118

Just to redeem my forum-foo somewhat, I did try a search before asking the question :) I just didn't see the thread you so kindly have linked to.

Thanks ... now I get to read 10 pages of stuff!!!
To be fair, I know what to look for ;) Good luck with digesting all that. I have it on my MY14 and it is a treat.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:55 pm 

anko wrote:
My last drop of 0.5 was after I had values << 100%.
And now, it charges only to 97,81% (25,7 Ah of 26,3 Ah). Then it stops. Restarted the charging process, nothing more added. Curious to see what this wil leed to.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:27 am 

anko wrote:
anko wrote:
My last drop of 0.5 was after I had values << 100%.
And now, it charges only to 97,81% (25,7 Ah of 26,3 Ah). Then it stops. Restarted the charging process, nothing more added. Curious to see what this wil leed to.

My car normally finish to charge before I use it, as well the charger got disconnected from power at fix time in the morning.

Excluding an exceptional occasion ... which I got 102% SOC ... I always have 0.6Ah less then SOH .. voltage is always around 4.09x per cell ...

So for me is normal what you see above .. and does not implies anything special on my battery degradation ... which is lookinig constantly going down 0.1Ah every 45 days

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:40 am 

elm70 wrote:
Excluding an exceptional occasion ... which I got 102% SOC ... I always have 0.6Ah less then SOH .. voltage is always around 4.09x per cell ...
Directly when charge finishes? Or upon next usage? I am talking about immediately (the second) when charge finishes. When checking on next usage, it is usually below 100%.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:56 am 

anko wrote:
elm70 wrote:
Directly when charge finishes? Or upon next usage? I am talking about immediately (the second) when charge finishes. When checking on next usage, it is usually below 100%.

On next usage, which can be from 30min to 2h difference ...

I can't check when charging process finish, I only guess when charging is completed based on the 30min report from by WiFi power switch/monitor

I would expect this value not to change if the time between end of charging and start of the car is less then 2h which is the rest time which cause to recalculate the SOC based on voltage level.

Actually some month ago I did force the preheat 1h before starting a trip, and then I monitor the real time power from the WiFi switch .. so I start the car few minutes after the charging process was completed, and still SOC was below 100%

Only once the DOG did report me a SOC at 102% ... and this was around 1h after the charging was completed.

PS:
I guess with your adapters, only you can measure the SOC while the car is charging ... or ... maybe the DOG can still get car data while is charging ? .. which in case will be still time problematic for me to use the dog while the car is charging

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:24 am 

elm70 wrote:
PS:
I guess with your adapters, only you can measure the SOC while the car is charging ... or ... maybe the DOG can still get car data while is charging ? .. which in case will be still time problematic for me to use the dog while the car is charging
Yes, I can monitor SoC and much more during the charging process. And so can the dog.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:00 am 

anko wrote:
elm70 wrote:
PS:
Yes, I can monitor SoC and much more during the charging process. And so can the dog.

Interesting ... but my Bluetooth range is too short for check what is going on in my car while charging ... as well the charging in the early morning does not help

I'm not even sure if my ODBLink adapter is usable without entering in the car, since it has dummy security that if no device is connected for a while, and there is no sense of a car start in the last X minutes ... it does reject any connection ... often I need to unplug and replug, and sometime even click on its little button ... I should have took a wifi version of the OBD2 adapter ... but .. bluetooth was cheaper and initially the DOG did not support WiFi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:21 am 

elm70 wrote:
anko wrote:
elm70 wrote:
PS:

Interesting ... but my Bluetooth range is too short for check what is going on in my car while charging ... as well the charging in the early morning does not help

I'm not even sure if my ODBLink adapter is usable without entering in the car, since it has dummy security that if no device is connected for a while, and there is no sense of a car start in the last X minutes ... it does reject any connection ... often I need to unplug and replug, and sometime even click on its little button ... I should have took a wifi version of the OBD2 adapter ... but .. bluetooth was cheaper and initially the DOG did not support WiFi

Well, I have some issues there as well with my OBDLink MX WiFi adapters. I have three of them running side by side. They are only powered up when the car comes to live, essentially they are always 'under power' when the BMU is (initiating charging or preheating is enough). Yet, one or more may fall asleep after some time. Seems related to power save settings in the devices. But they are all configured the same.

Sometimes just unlocking the car (not even need to open a door) is enough to wake them up. As soon as I lock the car they fall asleep again. Not sure what is going on there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:05 am 

Last night, finished charging with 99,48%.
This morning, only 97,90% was still there.
Restarted charge and ended up with 98,49%.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:39 am 

anko wrote:
Last night, finished charging with 99,48%.
This morning, only 97,90% was still there.
Restarted charge and ended up with 98,49%.

Was always the charging process completed when highest voltage per cell was 4.10v ?

In case ... it is maybe due to some unbalance

Else ... the BMU intentionally avoid to charge up to 4.10v the battery ... which is very "strange" ... or maybe it is one of their way to protect the car which may be left connected to a charger for "days"

All my lithium charger I had in these years for charge and balance my RC model batteries ... all have a charging process which end when voltage per cell is equal to maximum (4.2v or 4.1v), and charging current is below a minimum value.

The full charging process is : charge at constant current until max voltage is reach ... then charging at constant voltage until charging current is too little ...

Balancing is all time active while battery is charging ... keeping it under 0.01v difference

The main difference is that nobody would leave a hobby battery connected to the charger for days or even hours after the charging process is finish ... while this could happen on a PHEV

PS: For sure the charging process of our PHEV is a bit difference, since the initial phase more then charge at constant current, it is a charge at constant power ...but .. it would be interesting to see and monitor the final phase of the charging process ... mainly how evolve the charging current based on the cell voltage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next