What does the Power Meter really meassure??

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steepndeep

Hi from Stockholm again :)

On my quest to understand how the car really works I was today playing around on a level parkinglot covered with rather thick and EXTREMELY slippery wet ice. You could hardly walk on the ice.

Anyway, trying to start with AntiSpin activated worked fine. Very limited push on accelerator, various breaking being applied by the AntiSpin system and I got moving nicely. Power indicator almost not moving. Next test was with AntiSpin deactivated. A little bit further (but not much at all as compared to getting away from a traffic light) press on accelerator to force wheel spin and the wheels start spinning like crazy, as expected, and car did not move much, as expected. What also happend was that the Power Meter immediatley when the wheels started spinning went into white area and ICE started. :twisted:

I can asure you that with the extremely slippery conditions the Power sent to the wheels was almost 0. It felt like the power meter was a rev meter only. So, how does the powermeter really work??

Don't understand what you are saying. If there was no "power" going to the wheels what was spinning them?

Tanks for the feedback Steepndeep, I had similar experience with the ICE starting when one wheel was spinning.

There are still mysteries in this car, and some of us (driving often or occasionally on slippery roads) think that the system could be better in these circumstances.

Back