Front side lights, passenger side, on / off, New PHEV Owner!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, just purchased a 2015 plate GX4HS PHEV, day following the purchase, noticed early in the morning that the passenger side light on the front of the car , wasn't on (it was quite cold, about 2c) - then drove the car over 300 miles from Stourbridge to Edinburgh. When turning the car off noticed the light was back on. I'm assuming that this isn't by design!

Which light is off ?

I guess all PHEV version have automatic lights (this is what I left all time on my car) .. and different light can be on or off based on it

I know for example that my fog light, that is mixed with position day light .. since was changed by a cheap version, does work only in fog mode and not in day light mode.

Anyhow .. for what you stated .. it could be just a bad contact issue or a bulb that is close to fail

Main beam? Or that little light?

I had it with the little light. Passenger side also (although with me that is probably the other side than it is with you ;-) ).

Little knock on the glass and it would turn on. Or off ..... Dealer fixed it for me.

BigBearChaseMe said:
Front Side light on the passenger side - (sorry just updated the post to be more descriptive!)
I think you are referring to (what Mitsubishi term) one of the 'position lights'. Side lights, to you and me.

As far as I am aware, these lights are on all the time if the light switch on the stalk is in any position other than 'off'.

On my other cars over the years if you leave the indicator stalk in an 'on' position, ie up or down, then the sidelights act as parking lights and only one side remains on...not checked it on my PHEV though as I never ever used the feature on other cars! :lol:

Tipper said:
On my other cars over the years if you leave the indicator stalk in an 'on' position, ie up or down, then the sidelights act as parking lights and only one side remains on...not checked it on my PHEV though as I never ever used the feature on other cars! :lol:
Just been out and checked - this doesn't seem to be available on my PHEV.

Back