About FCM

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aues524

Hi everyone
. A question about FCM. (Forward Collision Mitigation) . Does anyone test this system in outlander PHEV ? It's seems like not working. I'm sure that I'm not turn off the system . Also I get not any warnings. In this morning I try to follow a car very very close . I didn't got any warnings .its that Any problems with my outlander? Or should I set something.? If anyone know it pls tell me! Thanks a lot!!

Don't take this the wrong way, but are you sure you have it? What trim level do you have?

Lance said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but are you sure you have it? What trim level do you have?
I'm sure that I have it . Have a button in left side under with steering wheel.i tried to use Adaptive Cruise Control. It can be auto brake when the car in front be slowly. And sometime it's warning me "BRAKE " while beep but it's no car in front. Does anyone have same situation with me?

Aues524 said:
Lance said:
I'm sure that I have it . Have a button in left side under with steering wheel.i tried to use Adaptive Cruise Control. It can be auto brake when the car in front be slowly. And sometime it's warning me "BRAKE " while beep but it's no car in front. Does anyone have same situation with me?

It's more about the closing speed than the distance?

Mine certainly works! I was going into a car park a while ago that had a very tight bend on the entrance with a fence close to the road. I guess I must've turned a bit late because the BRAKE! warning came up on the dash and the brakes applied pretty hard. Wondered what the hell was going on for a second.

I have to wonder about this video, I though pedestrians had right of way on Zebra crossings, plus the driver is on the wrong side of the road!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsgYTMmnraE

PS This is the updated FCM for the new model, may or may not be applicable to your country or state of mind.

A few things...

1. The "Brake" warning comes on before the brakes are applied by the car. If you brake, the car doesn't.
2. You can vary the distance before it triggers. There are two distance settings, one for city, one for country. I think you just hold down the button to toggle from one to the other.
3. The warning was often triggering for me, when cars turned left ahead of me. I think this is because the system responds to the sudden change in profile of a car that is doing a 90 degree turn. Toggling mine into close mode has stopped that false triggering.

In my car, the system has only applied the brakes twice.

Once when a tosser barged into my lane without any attempt to check if someone was there, and then planted the anchors in front of me in a stupid panic. The car slammed on my brakes, as my foot was leaving the accelerator pedal. I was very impressed.

The other occasion, a large leaf blew onto the windscreen (one of a cloud of leaves kicked up by the wind).

The car performed a full emergency stop and scared the crap out of me.

Fortunately there was no-one behind me. :)

AndyInOz said:
The other occasion, a large leaf blew onto the windscreen (one of a cloud of leaves kicked up by the wind).

Understandably scared of an oversized Nissan :lol:

That's just forum trickery, if you type leaf (in lower case), the forum INCORRECTS your post to read LEAF

Back