Leather seat problem

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAUK

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

My car is 16my 4h with 4800 miles on the clock and the drivers seat base centre panel seems to be stretching - I weigh about 9 stones so I don't think that should be the problem. For some years my cars have had leather seats and none have experienced this problem even after considerably higher mileages.

Is this unusual or is it a sign of the quality of the leather?

I have referred it to the dealer who has taken photos and referred it to Mitsu - wait and see the outcome!

I have a 2014 4hs with 6900 miles on the clock, and both front seat cushion covers are showing signs of stretching. I weight 11 stone, and my wife ( none driver ) weighs only 8 stone. Looks like I should notify my dealer of this

I have not seen any problem but I have only driven 44 000 alnar. On the other hand I weigh 225 skålpund and my wife 136 skålpund so maybe that evens things out.

Cheers

The problem is not that the leather has stretched on my car but rather that my behind has shrunk, having lost some weight lately. :evil:
Seriously, it is keeping up better than the Conolly leather on the Jaguar I had before or the leather on some Volvos in the past. At least jeans don't turn it blue.

I would like to update you on Mitsu response to the problem but unfortunately they have not come back to me yet. I referred the issue to the local dealer on 20th February and was told to expect a response in 3 or 4 days - still waiting on 4th March! Maybe their calendar stretches in the same way as their leather.

It has taken over three weeks, but I am now able to provide an update on the issue.

The response from Mitsubishi UK is that they do not accept this as a warranty issue "as leather is a natural product these type changes to the leather will occur".

Such stretching after such a low mileage does not bode well for the future - maybe my leather came from a particularly sickly cow! 

I think there is a problem . Though my Outi is only 11 months old there is some stretch on the drivers seat. I checked after your post. The reason I post my reply is because one doesnt see such strecth so quickly on sofas.? Is it due to using heater regularly?

Hi Kesto,

I think the problem is the quality and/or possibly the thickness of the leather. As I said at the outset I have had leather seats on cars for many years (all with heated seats) and clocked up many miles in them, but never experienced this problem.

I've had leather seats in many cars and they nearly always end up stretched, mis-shapen or scuffed/cracked.

I am a fat b***** though!

Back