TMC traffic in UK

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andywil

Any one in the UK ever managed to get traffic information, and had system reroute you to avoid a traffic jam.
My dealership says system is working as it should but it never picks up a station never mind traffic information.
If this is working as it should then the advertised functions are pure fiction.

Well

Last summer I drove my car in Europe and I know for a fact that it works as advertized (shows congestion and reroutes etc.) in the following countries.

Sweden
Germany
France
Spain
Italy
Switzerland

So either your car is faulty or maybe UK network implementation has already done a Brexit :lol:

It quite often suggests re-routing. We are based in the south east of England and TMC works quite well. My only complaint about the implementation on the PHEV is that, if you don't actually have a route set, then it only displays TMC data for the area actually displayed on the screen. I would have liked to be able to set a radius of interest and have the TMC button on the screen notify me of any incidents within it. That is pretty much how it worked on our old Toyota.

It has worked on mine both in the UK, France, Belgium and Netherlands. The Navigon sat nav I used in my previous car also had TMC. It was noticeable that it operated more in Netherlands than in UK. So it is possibly something to do with how TMC is processed here.

It does work - in a fashion. But it's no where near as quick or accurate as Garmin or Google maps. For example, the M4 was closed, with plenty of notice, for a weekend recently between J12 and J13 in both directions for bridge work. Did the PHEV satnav indicate road closures? No way.

The Juro spec ice comes with android auto and therefore uses Google maps with outstanding real time traffic data. I hardly ever use the built in sat nav.

Back