No heating on EV priority mode

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

takeaguess

Just noticed over the last week or so that the electric heater in my 6 week old Juro appears to have stopped working.

When starting in EV priority mode the air will no longer come out warm. I confirmed this yesterday on a longer drive and the heating does when when petrol kicks in.

Unable to pre-heat / demist with app, it sends the command but nothing happens, I can't cancel the command within the app either, I have to open the door. Cooling works fine, and cooling slogan shows, no heat or demist logo shows. It doesn't blow any air when selected from the app either.

I suspect the electric heater has gone faulty, car is booked in but not for another 2 and a half weeks.

Anything obvious I am doing wrong? Or I can check? The fuse OK. I did have EV system failure error about 3 weeks ago, which let me limp into a turning, I turned off then on and was fine and pretty sure the heating was working fine afterwards too so maybe unrelated. :x

takeaguess said:
Just noticed over the last week or so that the electric heater in my 6 week old Juro appears to have stopped working.

When starting in EV priority mode the air will no longer come out warm. I confirmed this yesterday on a longer drive and the heating does when when petrol kicks in.

Unable to pre-heat / demist with app, it sends the command but nothing happens, I can't cancel the command within the app either, I have to open the door. Cooling works fine, and cooling slogan shows, no heat or demist logo shows. It doesn't blow any air when selected from the app either.

I suspect the electric heater has gone faulty, car is booked in but not for another 2 and a half weeks.

Anything obvious I am doing wrong? Or I can check? The fuse OK. I did have EV system failure error about 3 weeks ago, which let me limp into a turning, I turned off then on and was fine and pretty sure the heating was working fine afterwards too so maybe unrelated. :x

I have had my 2018 PHEV GT Model 2 weeks now and am noticing the same thing when Temps are below -20'C. Just does not seem to be enough heat to stay warm even when I set the temp to 30'C.

Heat appears to work fine at temps above -15'C.

Back