Battery charge

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welshwiz11

Hi all, I'm a bit confused. I had my phew in march and could get a battery charge of 30 or so miles, all of sudden I'm down to a charge of only 21 miles when I wake up in the morning? I've had a charge point out in would that alter the charge? And I've checked my app it's set to fully charge? I don't understand. Upon leaving the house I can get the battery live up to 22-24 through regen!!

jaapv said:
The guessometer bears no discernible relationship to the actual charge.

Indeed - and you have to be very gentle with it to get the claimed 30 miles - 20 to 25 is far more realistic.

yep , totally agree with the rest of the comments.
i get 22 mile range at 60 mph to work with a mile or so to spare and the same going home but with 2 miles to spare (its slightly downhill going home ;) )

It much depends on what you were doing previously to charging, I find. If you've been pootling about, you'll see more on the Guessometer than if you've blasted up the motorway. I've seen ranges from 37 miles down to 23 miles. Take no notice, is my advice. Reset the trip meter for a few journeys and see what you're actually getting.

To increase range, don't go up any hills, do not use the aircon or heating, do not open the windows or sunroof, only drive in a straight line, drive at the highest altitude possible (to reduce air resistance), have the tyres over-inflated, drain the petrol tank to 1 gallon, remove all unneeded item from the vehicle (strip out the seats if you can), empty the washer bottle, keep your speed to a constant 30mph and do not slow down, wear the least amount of clothes/shoes possible. This should see the range increase very slightly :lol:

I've never, ever seen over 26 or so on mine, I stopped looking, the range-o-meter and the battery-o-meter are quite useless.

The guessometer bases it's guesses on your last 25 miles of driving... For me, that means that when I leave my house (at the top of a big hill) it guesses that I have 22 miles range, and when I arrive at work 18 miles later I still have 8-10 miles remaining.... On the way home (after recharging at work), it guesses that I'll manage 35 miles, but by the time I get home I've got just 2 or 3 miles range remaining.

I have seen 42 mile range displayed on first setting off in the morning. This followed a long journey but where the final few miles were largely downhill. Up to that point the battery was flat but with regen I think I had a few miles when I parked up.
Even after a five/six mile journey into town the range still showed 37 miles so was ridiculously optimistic.

Back