Homemade 16amp control box

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chasingamy

I own a hydropower plant where I have installed 16 amp wall outlets and I would like to make a simple (cheap) charge cable.
I bought an Outlander "gun" with a 7 meter cable and it has no plug to fit into the 16amp wall socket.
The cable end has the standard 3 wires for neutral, power and earth along with a small gauge control wire.
Does anyone know what kind of signal or voltage the car is looking for on the small gauge wire?

chasingamy said:
I own a hydropower plant where I have installed 16 amp wall outlets and I would like to make a simple (cheap) charge cable.
I bought an Outlander "gun" with a 7 meter cable and it has no plug to fit into the 16amp wall socket.
The cable end has the standard 3 wires for neutral, power and earth along with a small gauge control wire.
Does anyone know what kind of signal or voltage the car is looking for on the small gauge wire?
Very short answer: 12 volt 1 kHz Square wave with a duty cycle of 1% per 0.6 amps, 10% being the minimum. About 25 to 30% will do just fine. 1000 ohm between the 12 volt power source and the car.

That will work. But it is not safe.

Back