Failed WiFi module

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwatpe

My remote control app stopped connecting to the PHEV.

Dealer determined that WiFi in car was faulty. my PHEV also had a recall on the security.

computer was reflashed, new VIN password. much longer and mix of upper and lower letters and numbers. why, why, why is it needed.

new WiFi with new SSID and password of the same ilk as the VIN. but different code.

I can connect my tablet to the new PHEV WiFi, using the new password that came with the new module.

The remote control app now fails to connect as the passwords are not the same.

Factory PHEV had same password for VIN as the WiFi

Have any forum members experienced a problem with replaced wifi components?

G'day gwatpe,

I haven't reconnected with the app yet, but have recently had a new wifi module installed.

I did note though that I had to install a new version of the remote app, because of the new hardware.
You can tell which version of the app you need by your handbrake type the length of your new password.

Just mentioning this in case it helps.

If you are running the right version of the app, you should be able to clear the current password by clearing the app's cache, and entering your new SSID and password.

Depending on the version of android you're using, do this by following one of these paths (or the equivalent):

Settings, Applications, Application Manager, Choose the Mitsubishi Remote app, then select Clear Cache.
Settings, Device, Apps, Choose the Mitsubishi Remote app, then select Clear Cache.

If all else fails, uninstall the app and start again.

Andy

PS. How to choose the right app:

If you have a parking brake leaver and 14 digit password, please use OUTLANDER PHEV I
If you have a parking brake leaver and 10 digit password, please use OUTLANDER PHEV
If you have a parking brake switch, please use OUTLANDER PHEV II

I've had to change from the OUTLANDER PHEV app to OUTLANDER PHEV I

Back