Switching off the wifi?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tipper

I want to switch off the car's wifi as I don't use it, it interferes with my iPhone and for the more obvious security risks.

Is there a fuse I can pull to disable it or do I need to disconnect it from the car's power wiring at its location which I believe is just inside the LH rear door opening?

Thanks.

Nothing so drastic needed. Just deregister the phone and, assuming nothing else is registered, it will switch off. Only way to switch back on is to do the lock/unlock procedure. If there is something else registered as well, I recall there is a way to reset from the car end - try searching for the registration procedure as I think the same document details deregistration too.

Tipper said:
I want to switch off the car's wifi as I don't use it, it interferes with my iPhone and for the more obvious security risks.

Is there a fuse I can pull to disable it or do I need to disconnect it from the car's power wiring at its location which I believe is just inside the LH rear door opening?

Thanks.
If you tell your iPhone to "forget this network" in the settings, it won't interfere anymore.

What it is needed to be done for disable WiFi is stated on page 15 of "PHEV Outlander Remote.pdf" .. or explain here on the 2nd part of : http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/jizen.html

You can initialize and delete the registration information in your vehicle for the MITSUBISHI Remote Control. (Reset to the factory setting.)

If you delete the vehicle registration of wireless LAN device, you must setting initialize below.

The vehicle SSID. (The registration information card will be setting.)
The schedules of Charge Timer Settings and Climate Timer Settings.
Wireless LAN communication will be stopped of vehicle. (Your wireless device will not find the vehicle SSID when searching for it.)

This is what I did on my PHEV, and now the WiFi signal is not any more detectable by any mobile phone or tablet

Thanks. Seems strange to me that with such a sophisticated car electronically that I can't just disable it by turning it off! There must be a fuse somewhere?

Tipper said:
Thanks. Seems strange to me that with such a sophisticated car electronically that I can't just disable it by turning it off! There must be a fuse somewhere?

There are now tons of components connected to the CAR BUS (CAN) ... so it will be not efficient to have all via a fuse or all be disabled with a end of power supppy

Anyhow .. the procedure I point above, which I did use on my car ... it did stop the sending of the WLAN signal for my car .. and for me it is as good as to switch WiFi off

As well, with this procedure for disable WiFi, it will also prevent a daily charging of the 12V battery from main 12kwh battery, so I believe at the end the WiFi module is not even power up by the car once disabled

PS: The multiple press of lock unlock procedure .. does sound like middle-age practice , but it is not too slow and not too complicated .. clearly .. I would have prefer to have this option via the MMCS ... but we all know the limitation of MMCS, and as well, not every PHEV has a MMCS

elm70 said:
What it is needed to be done for disable WiFi is stated on page 15 of "PHEV Outlander Remote.pdf" .. or explain here on the 2nd part of : http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/jizen.html

You can initialize and delete the registration information in your vehicle for the MITSUBISHI Remote Control. (Reset to the factory setting.)

If you delete the vehicle registration of wireless LAN device, you must setting initialize below.

The vehicle SSID. (The registration information card will be setting.)
The schedules of Charge Timer Settings and Climate Timer Settings.
Wireless LAN communication will be stopped of vehicle. (Your wireless device will not find the vehicle SSID when searching for it.)

This is what I did on my PHEV, and now the WiFi signal is not any more detectable by any mobile phone or tablet

The link I did post time ago has change the content.

I can't find anymore the PDF document with the procedure for disable wifi

I did switch on my Wifi ... actually in the process I manage to switch it off again ... but finally I did got wifi on ... and I check that the app is working for my car ...

Now .. having seen that is quite useless this app, and knowing the potential conflict that MMCS setting could have with Wifi app setting ... I would like to switch off WiFi again

But ... I can't do this anymore :roll:

I did remeber that 10 click on keyfob was causing to hear 1 or 2 .. or more beeps based on the number of phone registred in the wifi module ...
But the procedure for disable wifi, I think it was with 20 click on keyfob.

Somewhere I read that I need to switch on the hazards lights .. but this does not play any role

I did try to make multiple click ... after 10 click there is the first bip (single or double in my case) ... but if I click on keyfob again after 2 click (or 4 :roll: ) ... the car make again 1 beep ... but still ... my wifi is still visible from my phone.

Anybody did store the PDF document with the original instruction for enable/reset and disable wifi ?

PPS: If I set 20min AC timer via WiFi ... does this also cause 20min of AC when I use the keyfob hack ? This could be somehow usefull ... since in the past I had to click on my keyfob twice in very cold morning for defrost my car

Have you tried vince31's reset procedure here?: http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3342&p=38426#p38426
It does involve hazard warning lights!

Back