Wifi again!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarq

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it.

I used to have a tablet & phone linked to the wifi in the car, for preheating/cooling.

The tablet still works fine but my old phone is now defunct.
I have a new Android 6 phone and can't get it to link, as it still thinks there are 2 devices registered. I turned off the data connection & my home router.

How do I get rid of the phone that's broken, I can't use the phone app as it's no longer working?

If I factory reset (the 20 button pushes) it looks as though I lose all the preset programs.

I'm loath to do this in, case I lose the remaining (working) tablet, and can't get it back. I use this a lot in the winter.

When I try to register the new phone, it give 3 beeps & then straight away I get the excuse page, about ACC switch not on, 5mins have elapsed, wrong password etc. It doesn't even try to connect. So it still thinks there are 2 devices connected.

I asked my local dealer, but after unsuccessfully trying for about 30mins they gave up. It looks as though the newer cars don't have this system, as they are unfamiliar with how to set it up!

Has anyone had any success with the factory reset?

Any thoughts?

TIA.

You have to deregister the phones. Procedure on this page, halfway down. http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/jizen.html

Thanks westdevon.

I'm trying to avoid a total de-registration.

The old phone doesn't work so I can't use the remove vin on it.

I just wondered if anyone had a 'get round' it.

tarq said:
Thanks westdevon.

I'm trying to avoid a total de-registration.

The old phone doesn't work so I can't use the remove vin on it.

I just wondered if anyone had a 'get round' it.

Why? It clears the way for a new registration. Much simpler than trying to work your way around it.

Hi jaapv, thanks.

The dealer seemed to think that once cleared it wouldn't let me start from scratch!

This is why I wondered if any one had actually done this and got it to work.

Back