Bluetooth

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fsimao222

Hi,
I've been struggling to connect properly my Iphone bluetooth to my PHEV.
I manage to connect the phone with the car. When I try to import the numbers from the phone it looses the connection with the phone and say that are no connections. a few seconds latter it connects again with the phone (makes the usual beeps) but no contacts in car memory.
Sometimes when I put the phone making a call it suddenly changes from Car to Phone speakers and micro.
Somebody have a similar problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks

I do not have MMCS and don’t want my car storing the more than 600 contacts that are in my phone. I only have about 20 voice recognition contacts set up.

However, I used to have the flacky Bluetooth connection you mention, but not any more, and the remedy is very simple, but you have to accept that your phone, and you, are much quicker than your car to react when a call comes in.

I find that when my phone starts to ring, if I touch the screen to answer it, the Bluetooth doesn’t connect. But, if I wait until the car starts ringing as well (usually the 4th ring on the phone) and then use the pick up button on the steering wheel, I always get a proper connection to the Bluetooth.

Those few seconds allow the car to wake up to the incoming call, make the connection and keep it for the duration of the call.

I hope this helps

Steel188 said:
I do not have MMCS and don’t want my car storing the more than 600 contacts that are in my phone. I only have about 20 voice recognition contacts set up.

However, I used to have the flacky Bluetooth connection you mention, but not any more, and the remedy is very simple, but you have to accept that your phone, and you, are much quicker than your car to react when a call comes in.

I find that when my phone starts to ring, if I touch the screen to answer it, the Bluetooth doesn’t connect. But, if I wait until the car starts ringing as well (usually the 4th ring on the phone) and then use the pick up button on the steering wheel, I always get a proper connection to the Bluetooth.

Those few seconds allow the car to wake up to the incoming call, make the connection and keep it for the duration of the call.

I hope this helps

On my PHEV it rigs at the same time as the phone rings.
It looses the conection when I make a call, not when i receive.

I liked to have the contacts on the car because this way it show the name of the incoming call on the car. I have to check the caller name in the phone before answering the phone

I found that only some of my contacts were imported from my android phone. A bit of digging showed that the numbers had to be set to type "mobile", "home", or "work" for mmcs to accept them. Quite a lot of my numbers were "other" and in that case the Bluetooth connection didn't show that contact at all. A few minutes going through the contacts in my phone setting the type appropriately fixed that.

Steve

Daff said:
I found that only some of my contacts were imported from my android phone. A bit of digging showed that the numbers had to be set to type "mobile", "home", or "work" for mmcs to accept them. Quite a lot of my numbers were "other" and in that case the Bluetooth connection didn't show that contact at all. A few minutes going through the contacts in my phone setting the type appropriately fixed that.

Steve

Mine are not imported at all. Not a single one

Back