UK service and battery condition report not available

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel188

My car had it’s 50,000mile service today at 19 months old, and as usual there was no sign of a battery condition report.

I asked the dealer for this and drew a sea of blank faces, ‘no-one has that’, and ‘we never do those’ were typical replies. ‘It’s a special request item only and expensive was another comment.

When I contacted Colt Car Co directly, they told me that it is not on the service schedule or requirements and that there are no more than a handful of 2014 cars that they do this for and they would never do the check as a matter of course and there is certainly no requirement for them to routinely send date on cars back to Japan.

So, while it appears many of you can get these reports, we in the UK cannot, do not and will not receive the report without a lot of hassle and at significant expense

On my first 1 year/20k service last August I too tried to get the report (as seen other people getting on the forum) and I saw no interest in providing one... same arguments as first poster. "It takes a long time" was another argument.

These were the same guys who were very responsive when I needed my TPM tyre valves programmed (as seen here: http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2997&p=35037&hilit=tpm#p35037 ) so I have them in good consideration. Might be it's just not a standard procedure here in Portugal ...

They actually suggested "a certain android app on the App Store" (not sure if they meant the old or the new one :) )

Or, if you insist on having the data but do not want to 'fool around' with apps and loose adapters, this will do the trick as well: http://www.icarsoft.com/web/icarsoftus/allproducts/mazdascantools/2012/201212/2012122912256kg3yn_1.html

This device will tell you anything the apps will, but the presentation is not suitable for gaining real time insight. Sells for about 129 EURO in the Netherlands.

In the absence of any meaningful battery warranty, I'm not sure I want to know its condition!

I asked my local Mitsu PHEV garage (from where I bought the car) and they told me that if I wanted a report, I would have to go to Kings Lynn as that was the nearest dealer that had the special equipment. My local dealer was unwilling to pay the £10,000 for the official equipment from Mitsubishi. They were quite happy to make an appointment for me with the other garage, but were unable to confirm if or what the charge might be.

jthspace said:
My local dealer was unwilling to pay the £10,000 for the official equipment from Mitsubishi.
LOL. I would not want to pay that kind of money either. That is why I built my own tools for this. I spent less then 100 euro's. Plus I had to invest some time. For those who don't have time to sort it out for themselves, the EvBatMon or PHEV WatchDog app with a suitable OBD adapter will do the trick. Will set you back just a couple of pounds.

or simply set the cost of 1 kWh to 1 in the MMCS (if you have that) and read the charge cost after fully charging the car from 1 bar on the battery meter or less. It should show between 8. and 9.5 if the battery is accepting a good charge.

HHL said:
or simply set the cost of 1 kWh to 1 in the MMCS (if you have that) and read the charge cost after fully charging the car from 1 bar on the battery meter or less. It should show between 8. and 9.5 if the battery is accepting a good charge.
Keep in mind, "1 bar or less" can mean anything between roughly 14 and 30% remaining charge. Now, values below 25% do not occur (very often) under normal driving conditions, but a reasonable bandwidth for what "1 bar or less" means is still at least 5 or 6% SOC.

Exactly... that's why the total kWh to recharge can vary quite a lot even though the battery indicator may show the same (i.e. 1 bar) before recharge.
However, if it it never uses more then 8kWh to recharge, the battery is probably down a bit.

Back