Preheating isn't working anymore on timer...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awasen

I've had preheating working fine all of last winter season but now it is not working. I had it on 30 minutes in the App from last winter so I only went into the App and changed it to heat for 10 minutes (which is enough for now) and then set the timers by using the cars interface.
The timers are also displayed correctly in the App now after connecting it but the heater is not running at the set time.

Facts:
- App is set to run Heat for 10 minutes
- Timers are set to start 7:10 (which should give me a warm car at 7:20)

Nothing is happening though... I've change the time back to 30 minutes but still no go...

(Please note that the preheater is running REGARDLESS of the climate control settings temperature value or on/off state! Last winter I always left the climate control OFF before leaving the car to avoid it starting the engine as it was warm from the preheating.)

One thing I've been wondering about in the App is on the front screen there are two buttons for "Climate Control", "Climate ON/OFF" and "Set". I was wondering about the "Set" button and how that affects the setting and if it overrides the settings from the panel in the car?
The "Set" button is either grayed out or enabled (blue) and shows the next days timer setting above it. (See picture where she holds the finger here: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/)

I've had the "Set" button in the App in both settings (greyed/blue) but still no preheating...

Am I missing something or is it just to go back to the servicecenter (which I am getting very used to...) :(

I had this last year, I had to open and close all of the doors. My assumption being that the computer got confused and thought that a door was open and so would not preheat.

Thanks, all doors are closed though and no warning light lit... We use all four door frequently so I think they should have been "reset" automatically...

Maybe try via the MMCS, clearing all current settings from the preheat menu, switch the car off and then switch it back on again (no, really) and then reset using the MMCS not the App. Although the MMCS I think has limitations on the setting time duration compared to the App. Having said that I might not be much help here as I don't even have a smart phone, so I don't know the significance of using an App vs the MMCS.

I had that once. from what I recall, when I checked the app, it says it was on at a certain timer, but I found out that it didn't warm up the car in the morning. Checked again - definitely was set to a timer.

so I checked MMCS inside the care and weirdly enough, both the charging and heating timer wasn't set. everyday was set to off.

from what I recall, I think I turned everything off timer wise (including off each day) via the app, then send the command (or was it save?), then set it again with the correct time, and it was fine since then.

weird.

This just happened to me :roll:

Pairing a new phone wiped the preheating settings although the preheating settings were showing on the MMCS.

I have reapplied the settings via the App and hope it'll work for Monday.

Back