Key fob battery...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maby

Anyone know what type it is and how to replace it? I seem to have lost our owners manual and the car is complaining that the key battery is low!

Yup. CR2032
Totally agree with jaapv, don't bother with cheap batteries.
My fobs came with Panasonic batteries fitted.

It's easy to split keyfob apart to replace the battery.

is there any required procedure to resynchronise the fob with the car after replacing the battery? I recall having to do some arcane button pressing on our old Landcruiser following a battery replacement to get them talking to each other again!

No - I had the battery replaced last Saturday ( Was near the dealer and did not fancy finding shop to buy one myself) and the reception lady just popped a new battery in; it worked without any electronic incantations.

jaapv said:
No - I had the battery replaced last Saturday ( Was near the dealer and did not fancy finding shop to buy one myself) and the reception lady just popped a new battery in; it worked without any electronic incantations.

Thanks - I'll try it... I'm guessing that it may be necessary to do the swap rather quickly if you want to avoid having to resynchronise it. They generally rotate the keys in sequence to reduce the risk of a thief snooping on the message and being able to spoof the key. The Landcruiser dealer reckoned that you had about ten seconds to get the old battery out and a new one in before the internal memory wiped and it became necessary to do the button dance.

Back