Bluetooth music streaming ios vs android?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panosdl

Hi!
I have just got my new PHEV.
I have an iPhone 4S today, and when I stream music from Spotify via bluetooth, the first song shows up in the display, but when the next song and all the following plays, the display continue to show the first song title.

Is this a iOS 7 problem in general?
Is it the same with iPhone 5S?

How about Android phones?
(Samsung S5, LG G3 or Sony Z2)

What is your experience?

Would like to know, because I'm going to buy a new phone soon.

Best regards
//Patrik

Same issue with android. Tried it with Nexus, Samsung and Sony.
You can force it to update the song info by switch off and on mmcs.
Jens

In my limited experience with the one I had for a few days, my iPhone 5S displayed the correct song title etc. my biggest bug bear was the fact that it kept going to the top of the playlist, not the last song that was played... Although I'm sure that's a setting somewhere I missed?

Interesting! This is what I see when I connect a USB memory. For bluetooth it will continue with the last played song. It can even keep track of the play list position for different bluetooth units.
Jens

Same problem on a Note 3 via BT. Everything works great exept the song name gets stuck on the first song played. I use Spotify.

OK guys at Mitsubishi!
Here you have a possible "bug" to solve in the next release of the software for the sound system.

Or is it anyone who have this working, and if so, what are your specs and have you done any configuration for having it work?

//Patrik

I have the same problem with my Outlander. It shows the first song and never changes. I have an android phone and using google play music. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Langus said:
I have the same problem with my Outlander. It shows the first song and never changes. I have an android phone and using google play music. Does anyone know a fix for this?

You know, my next question was going to be - have you tried other music playing apps? - but obviously it's possibly an Android bug not Spotify.

Yes. I have tried other apps but they all do the same thing. That was my first idea to try.

Apologies for the bump, but this seemed better than creating a new topic.

I've had the same issue on my Nexus 5 since we got our PHEV in November; tried multiple apps (Google Play Music, Rocket Player, Poweramp, doubleTwist, and Shuffle Music Player) and the MMCS still keeps showing the first track on the screen. It seemed to work perfectly fine on my mum's iPhone 4S last week - actually changed the track information on-screen - so it seems like MMCS has a bit of an issue with Android devices. Anyone come across a potential fix since the last post on here?

will36 said:
Same here :( I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Running spotify. Doesn't update the track info.

I've noticed this too. I have a GX3h+ with the more basic audio system so it may be a different problem but when I run Spotify and stream over bluetooth it loses sync with the track info if I open another app on the phone (eg maps or phone call). If I go back to Spotify and effectively make it the 'foreground' app again then the tracklisting is resynchronised and it keeps up to date until I open another app.

Did a test today.

I have an iPhone 6+ on iOS9.1 and synced to my MAC iTunes music folder.

When I play a track from my music folder on the iPhone via bluetooth, the track name and artist displays on the MMCS display. It works over 90% of the time - sometimes the track does not update as it changes, but will do on the next track afterwards (skips one).

I also connected an internet radio program on the iPhone over 3G via bluetooth and it displayed the internet radio identifier.

I wouldn't say it was faultless, but it did seem to work most of the time. Some of the tracks I had played via iPhone Music app were direct rips from CD's, others were from online purchase - I don't know if that makes a difference?

I don't have Spotify or other subscription service to test.

Jeff

On Android it depends on the app. When I use BubbleUPNP then the song titles switch fine but for compilations the Artist tag gets stuck on the first one found in the album. Using PowerAmpPro the Title gets stuck. On Amazon Music Player it seems OK for all tags. I have avoided Google Play Music as it annoys me.

I've had this problem since 2014 and the car has been in for service every year and they claim to have done something with the software but I still get this issue.

Has anyone had any luck fixing it? I've had 3 different phones during the time so seems more to be a problem with the car.

Next car will be a Tesla Model 3 and I am pretty sure they would have fixed the problem over the air within weeks of discovery.

I have the same issue with my Mitsubishi Outlander (2014). It has NEVER worked, since the car was new in 2014, and it's a right pain in the neck. I even had the Bluetooth software updated at my Mitsubishi dealer recently, and it's still the same. It doesn't work with my current Andoroid phone, nor with my previous phone. When I start to play, the first song's details appear, and then it sticks - the song title/artst info does not change when subsequent songs play.
Phone: Huawei Honor 9 Lite (LLD-L31) (also my previous Samsung Galaxy S4 mini)
Android Version 9
Spotify version 8.5.23.686
Outlander GX4 2014

Back