Non-ideal temp/airflow when using auto climate settings

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if anyone else noticed that the temperature in the cabin is very uneven (1-2 degrees off, it feels like).
The automatic flow is also doing a non impressive job of keeping the windows without fog.

I use to drive a 2008 Renault Espace where I could set it to 21 degrees and use it for all winter on auto, and on the summer maybe adjust it up to 22 degrees celsius.

Now with my brand new MY18 PHEV it heats up quickly but then after driving for a few miles, the temperature drops several degrees and my legs starts to feel cold. At the same time, usually, the windows start to fog up, forcing me to shift from auto to the up/down airflow to force the air to flow to the window as well (which it switches off after some time in auto)

This is what I experienced in +5 to -5 degrees Celsius, which is the weather I have experienced in Sweden since I bought the car.

So, is there a service menu where I can set the thresholds "better" or anything else I might have missed? I still think auto should do the job.

therealrunestone said:
Now with my brand new MY18 PHEV it heats up quickly but then after driving for a few miles, the temperature drops several degrees and my legs starts to feel cold.
I guess you are referring to the lower half of your upper legs? Just above your knees? I have the same, although not after just a few miles. Had the exact same thing with my 2010 Outlander diesel. Interestingly enough, if you put your hands on your legs, palm up, you do not notice a cold air stream or anything, or do you?

Do we know where the cabin temp sensor is? In my 2014 Gx3h (no electric heating) the auto setting starts off on the screen only at low speed fan (i.e, demist only), then switches to screen & footwell with high speed fan - presumably when the water temp from the ICE is sufficient to provide heat but slows once the cabin has reached the set temp. Thus there will be drop in the heat coming from the vents once the rest of the car is warm enough. So depending on how you set the vents & mode you will notice this as a cooler airflow on whatever part of your body is closest to the vents.

I always use "Defroster+arrow down" setting in the ACC except for when I need to use full defroster mode.

Also you can set the "flaps" of the ACC by selecting the mix of airflow to the windscreen vs the floor. This is done in the MMCS or preferably in the app. I think I chose higher airflow to the windscreen. Cannot check now.

I find the ACC very good and I think this feature with setting the airmix is excellent. I used to drive a Hyundai Santa Fe CM -07 and was never happy with the ACC in that car. I now never think of about the cabin temp and how the ACC manages the climate and that's exactly how it should work.

ClasseClas said:
I always use "Defroster+arrow down" setting in the ACC except for when I need to use full defroster mode.

Also you can set the "flaps" of the ACC by selecting the mix of airflow to the windscreen vs the floor. This is done in the MMCS or preferably in the app. I think I chose higher airflow to the windscreen. Cannot check now.

I find the ACC very good and I think this feature with setting the airmix is excellent. I used to drive a Hyundai Santa Fe CM -07 and was never happy with the ACC in that car. I now never think of about the cabin temp and how the ACC manages the climate and that's exactly how it should work.

"Defroster+arrow down" This is the setting that seems to work best, thanks! I will just use this and avoid AUTO, since it seems to adjust the fan speed and temperature just fine anyway :)

If there is one thing Mitsubishi should get right it would be there Aircon systems.

Back