MMCS language

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine shows European language options but not Japanese. However, to try and see what language options you have, from switch on:
Get Mitsu logo, globe, date and navi screens come up in sequence...
Then press settings button
select 4th option down in left column ("System"), then 2nd down in same column, ("Language") and hopefully a list of available languages - including English! will be available for selection.
Good luck!

Hi there haroldchums,

Where a bouts are you located in the world?

If you can help me with something, I should be able to help you with an English conversion for your MMCS.

GizTec said:
Hi there haroldchums,

If you can help me with something, I should be able to help you with an English conversion for your MMCS.

I'm from Sri Lanka

haroldchums said:
GizTec said:
Hi there haroldchums,

I'm from Sri Lanka

Dear haroldchums, were you able to get your MMCS converted to English??

I want to do the same on mine :)

i am also located in sri lanka and would like to know how to change the language setting on the mmcs from Japanese to english.

aitchjaybee said:
i don't know if this is going to be the same as the Japanese version but here is how it works on the UK spec mmcs:
Changing MMCS language:

Press the button under the MMCS (the left one of three in UK). Its called "settings" but that may show as "設定"

the next screen has 2 columns of text. In the first column there are 4 options. The 4th (bottom of the list) is "system". "システム"

press that, and the next screen also has 2 columns. Again, 1st column has 4 options, the 2nd column has 3 options.

In column 1, the second option is "language" or "言語"

when you press that, you get to choose the language. In mine, "English" is highlighted top left, but I don't know where it is on the Japanese version. Look out for either "english" or "英語"

Hope that helps

just closing a loop, I answered this question in another thread just now, thought I'd re-post here in case someone finds this thread when searching in the future.
@taherj
@haroldchums
@AIGuru
- did this menu work on your Japanese specced cars? Would help if one of you could say yes it worked, then others will know.
HJB

Did not work for me unfortunately. Any thing else I could do? Can the agents change it ? Or can i download a software ? Or should I get a new head unit from the UK?

I got mine converted to English... Hurry!!! :D :cool: :lol:

Got it done via following source if anyone is interested.
http://ikman.lk/en/ad/outlander-phev-2016-english-conversion-for-sale-colombo

BTW for the record there is no way to change language in the menu for Japanese domestic menu.

New Link
https://ikman.lk/en/ad/outlander-phev-2016-english-conversion-for-sale-colombo-1

Hi!

Thought I would share this as the other version I got from the post above mine has too many issues!! NO CD, NO USB, NO Bluetooth, NO SD for me.. I need all of those features to work!

I tried these guys out - https://www.navi-solutions.com/online-store

They send you a new SD card and you simply swap out your Japanese one! Everything works too!

If anyone needs any photos or information please let me know!

Back