Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Best way of testing battery
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:41 pm 

Sorry I'm not sure where I can find what kwh it is taking. My car just tells me the charge cost , I've read that putting your price per kwh to 1 will give me an indication on battery and a normal battery will display a cost of about 90 to £1. Mine was lower which to me indicated a poor battery or not enough charge going in. I'm sorry I don't know how to work out what kwh.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:46 pm 

Bobbybuttons wrote:
Sorry I'm not sure where I can find what kwh it is taking. My car just tells me the charge cost , I've read that putting your price per kwh to 1 will give me an indication on battery and a normal battery will display a cost of about 90 to £1. Mine was lower which to me indicated a poor battery or not enough charge going in. I'm sorry I don't know how to work out what kwh.

That is ok no problem.

Let me see if I have the English Currency correct. 100 Pence equals 1 Pound.

If you set the rate per kWh to 0.1 pounds or 10 Pence then 90p x 0.10/kWh would indicate 9kWh of Charge.

Make sense?

Please recheck the value you entered was it 1.0 or 10 or was it 0.10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:48 pm 

Thanks I set the cost to 0.10pence per kWh and my car on the last full charge said it cost 74pence to charge from empty so I'm assuming it's taken 7.4kWh to charge would this be correct? Everything I've read so far is saying it should take 9kWh if the battery is OK.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:01 am 

Bobbybuttons wrote:
Thanks I set the cost to 0.10pence per kWh and my car on the last full charge said it cost 74pence to charge from empty so I'm assuming it's taken 7.4kWh to charge would this be correct? Everything I've read so far is saying it should take 9kWh if the battery is OK.

Yes that is correct.

Now that you can see how much power it is taking to charge currently, you can continue testing to see if the cell levelling improves the amount of charge the Battery is able to take in.

9kWh seems about right for normal Battery charge cause I believe Mitsubishi wants about 30% left as a reserve.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:11 am 

A normal A/C charge at the fastest possible rate should take about 3.5 hours. When your car is full in 2 hrs 45, this already suggests capacity is a bit less. Mine is usually done within 2.5 hrs. That sounds nice, but it is in fact very bad.

We also have to be careful comparing kWh numbers from charge stations with numbers from MMCS. My charge station reports a near constant power of 3300 watts and a bit, where the battery is taking in only about 2900 watts. The rest is lost in converting AC to DC. Question is: what is MMCS reporting? Is that before or after the AC/DC converter? AFAIK we do not know this yet.