Spontaneous pre-heating

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anko

Since a couple of days I have noticed the car pre-heating spontaneously (sometimes in the middle of the night, which I deducted from the graphs from my charging unit). Also, I have 'caught' the little light on the FOB blinking quickly for a while at a few occasions, as if it was warning me for a low battery level.

Important to mention: I did apply the REMOTE HEATER hack to both my FOBs (allows me to start pre-heating by pushing a little extra button twice).

Anybody recognises this?

I have both my two keyfob modified

Both are stored within the control range for activate this function

Luckily I never notice any strange number in the history of the charging of the car.

I can only monitor what is doing my PHEV only by checking the MMCS ... activate the cabin remote climate control it should impact around 0.5 to 0.7kwh ... which should is on the edge of being noticeable looking at the reported charging cost in MMCS

I never seen the red light of my key fob blinking without reason.

I had to replace the keyfob battery some time ago ... but I did not notice anything different happening ... except for the keyfob low battery warning form the car dash (nice feature from Mitsubishi)

I don't see how a "switch" can be activated by himself ... possibly the switch in one of your keyfob is not any more working properly ... and it is maybe sensible to little movement ...

Replaced both batteries on Saturday, and it still occurred Sunday night at 04:00. Removed battery from one of them (the one on which I noticed the blinking light) and it has not occurred since. Must be something strange going on as, like you, I cannot see how a switch would activate itself in the middle of the night.

I've had my Outlander GT model for just over a month now and just yesterday went into the garage to retrieve something and noticed the pre-heating was on. I opened the door and it stopped and it was nice and toasty inside! I have pre-heating normally scheduled to activate at 6:30am, so last evening was definitely spontaneous. No mods to the keyfob or car here.

Older members of this board are probably sick of this story, so my apologies to regular readers...

My PHEV was "leaking" electricity at night, and one evening I got into the car and found that it was unbelievably hot inside!

Turned out that the "Timers" in MMCS had been set to pre-heat the car every day at various times.

Once I found the right menu and disabled all those heating timers, all my troubles went away. :eek:

Of course, this would not explain a flashing light on your remote control...

Back