Password/PIN reset

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seaneb

It would seem that the previous owner of my vehicle has locked the Bluetooth pairing and possibly the remote app facility with their own password (I think).
Does anyone know how to overcome this? Factory reset maybe?

With the MMCS it's easy to reset the passcode:

For the earlier MMCS-1: press and hold the Settings button and the Map button together for at least 4 seconds. This gives you the 'Service' screen. Touch 'Hands Free Module'. The next menu then has an 'Unlock' button at the bottom of the screen.

For the later MMCS-2: press and hold the 'Info/Set' button and the top of the 'Seek Track' button for at least 4 seconds and proceed as above.

Hi folks,

I've bought a 2014 in Holland which was blocked in Bluetooth and Voice Control by the previous owner (who doesn't recall the password), preventing me to use my phone AND switching language (unfortunately, I'm not proficient in Dutch).

As far as I understand, the simplest way is to go to a MMC dealer and have a factory reset of that module, but they say (i) I have to leave the car there for a day and (ii) they'll charge me around 100 €, both of these being unreasonable.

My car is a basic model, that is, the radio is only the touch-screen model, no GPS or MMCS, so no fumbling around with key combinations or so (which I've read pretty much everywhere).

I got the feeling by searching the Internet that this is a rather common problem, so I'm wondering if you can be of any help, which would be much appreciated!

Cheers from Lisboa, Portugal,
Rui

This worked for me:
1. Ensure power is OFF for the radio.
2. Press and release the following buttons in this order 1 RPT, << SEEK, SEEK >>, 4>>
3. The words HFM DIAG should appear on the screen.
4. Press and release the SEL button.
5. Hold down the SEL button for a long time(about 5sec).
6. Disable the passcode

If this does not solve your issue, or you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-888-702-4100. We are available Mon-Fri, 7am-8pm CT.
It would seem that the previous owner of my vehicle has locked the Bluetooth pairing and possibly the remote app facility with their own password (I think).
Does anyone know how to overcome this? Factory reset maybe?

This worked for me:
1. Ensure power is OFF for the radio.
2. Press and release the following buttons in this order 1 RPT, << SEEK, SEEK >>, 4>>
3. The words HFM DIAG should appear on the screen.
4. Press and release the SEL button.
5. Hold down the SEL button for a long time(about 5sec).
6. Disable the passcode

If this does not solve your issue, or you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-888-702-4100. We are available Mon-Fri, 7am-8pm CT.

Back