IOS Maps not working when wifi connected to car

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwschimek

Hi,

I just purchased a new PHEV and looked through the Forum and couldn't find an answer. When my iPhone is wirelessly connected to the car and connected with Apple Carplay, my Map app won't load. As soon as I turn off the wireless, the Map will load using cell data. Has anyone figured out a way to stay connected via wireless while use the apps? Thanks

The thing to do is tell the phone not to "Connect Automatically" to the car's WiFi hotspot. That way, it will only ask you to connect when you use the remote app. You select the network from the phone's WiFi settings and it's one of the top options

Either do as ThudnBlundr suggests, or alternatively (or even as well!) when connected to the car wifi look at the settings and jot down the IP and subnet mask. Change 'configure IP' from auto to manual, populate the IP address and subnet mask with the values they were (leave Router blank) and then the problem is solved as the phone knows there is no internet connection on the wifi network and maintains the mobile data connection.

I think my way's easier ;)

One issue I have is that I have to connect to the WiFi before I run the Remote app. If I don't, it does ask to connect, but then apparently fails to do so, so I have to close the app and connect first anyway :roll:

Back