Battery voltage

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidjones24

Have just checked my car with phev watchdog and the average battery voltage is 9.918v min 3.916v and max 3.919v is this good /bad/ or average ? .

Davidjones24 said:
Have just checked my car with phev watchdog and the average battery voltage is 9.918v min 3.916v and max 3.919v is this good /bad/ or average ? .

Not that is very important ... but it is looking very/quite good

You should check the battery voltage delta when car is running at high EV power (over 50kw) ... and as well when the battery is almost empty .. that means when voltage per cell is around 3.8 volt

In my PHEV I have seen up to 0.02 voltage difference that is relative bad ... but recently I never spot more then 0.01v... maybe the balancing is not all time very accurate ...

What is important to remember that at ~4.1v the battery is consider 100% full .. and at 3.8v is consider discharged (no more EV range, even if battery has still 30% capacity as buffer) .. so we go from 100% to 0% with just0.3v ... so 0.01v is around 3.3% of state of charge level

Back