[Solved] Floor panel for high voltage disconnect

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrev

I need to do some tack welds on a hitch I built myself in order to fit it correctly. Not to have fire or damages to the high voltage battery, I need to disconnect it. The access panel to the main switch is on the floor behind the console. I tried to lift this plastic panel but no way to do it without breaking some tabs.
Is someone knowing the proper way to remove this panel?
Thanks in advance!

I would be very hesitant to do any electric welding on a car packed to the brim with electronic components. Best left to somebody who knows what he is doing.

You have a safe recommendation, but I do not find any shop capable of taking the risk associated to this task. Also I have to do it by myself. If I switch off both 12 volt and 300 volt batteries, and keep the welding ground close to the welding points, I am confident to perform the work safely.
My question was how to remove the plastic cover behind the console and it is still my point!

I was curious on mine a while ago, that plastic panel does unclip but takes a bit of force, the clips do stay intact. Steve

Effectively the clips stayed intact after lifting the plastic panel. Another panel has to be removed, 4 nuts to unscrew. Switch is easy to lift. A piece of cake!

I performed the welding under the car with HV and LV batteries disconnected. After job done, I reconnected both of them and the car resurrected as expected.

Back