Outlander PHEV 2015 dab or not dab?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjur

Hi!

I just bought a used Outlander PHEV 2015 in Norway, originated from France.
On the main "mode" menu it seems DAB is not present, however on the hidden menu DAB is listed in the "radio sensitivity" menu. And I wondered if DAB is in there, but somehow needs to be activated.

th/rgds

I do have some recollection of the DAB option temporarily disappearing from the screen of our 2014 PHEV. It came back and I don't remember having done anything to get it back.

From bits and pieces of info from my local dealer, I've come to the conclusion that things disappear from the menus if:
(a) they're broken; or,
(b) not installed.

A faulty cable, or connection would probably look "broken" to the car's systems.

Just to conclude:
After having put the question to Mitsubishi, the reply was that my model does not have DAB installed. And thus, since Norway has shut down FM broadcast, except for a few local stations in urban areas, I am blissfully left without radio. Cost of replacing the system to a new DAB-system is not worth while. Solution is streaming Radio Caroline, BBC 2 and others from phone.

ThudnBlundr said:
Or you could buy a dongle that receives DAB and broadcasts it locally on an FM frequency. There's loads on amazon - such as this one

Thank you.
However in addition to the dongle there is the need for antenna. And all experiences here is that, that solution will be less then disappointing.

Back