Dealership aproved services

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke

Hi, anybody knows any good mecaninc for my PHEV?
For the past week i have been looking for somebody that can do a battery cell smoothing and a reset for bmu and charging computer, i called 4 mitsubishi aproved services (in London) and i got the same answer - that they never heard about any of these procedures. Somewhere in the discution the "mecanic" asked me how do i known that is a battery problem? I tried telling that is prety obvious that if after a full charge the car drives in ev mode a bit more than half that it used to, tha guy said that is not concludent and wanted me in for a diagnostic.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest looking into PHEV watchdog... The mitsubishi garages can look at the state of health etc... For a cost, with a diagnostic adaptor and the PHEV watchdog app, you'll be able to see the exact state of your battery health which could save you some money on the diagnostics and confirm your suspicions

Not all Mitsubishi services are trained for the PHEV. Try a main dealer. Or even better - your own dealer who services the car. I can imagine services not being very keen on once-off customers. And the guy who wanted it in for a diagnostic is quite right. They need to read out the logs and run (computer) diagnostics to find out what the problem is.
To be honest - they also need to read out the logs to see whether it has been serviced according to Mitsubishi's standards to be able to determine if it is covered by guaranty, which is five years on the electrical parts for older cars.

In London i tryed all the main dealers from the mitsubishi web page. I tryed telling them about the watchdog (i do use it that is how i know that the battery is 77% soh) they are saying that aps are not reliable. All the answers i got are that they didn't even heard about those procedures (battery smoothing or bmu reset). The problem is that the car is 3 years old and it has 77%soh, i would like to try and increase that if posible. I have tried to my usual mecanic but electric vehicles is kind of new technology, he can help me with the mecanical ans ice side but doesent now mutch about battery management. Ans as far as i read on the net you need some special mitsubishi software to do that procedure.
Thanks everyone for their answers!

Back