bluetooth issues, people cant hear us very well

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayoxyox

Hi All

Im posting with regards to my mums car, she has a 2017 outlander phev that she got last august and since day one when she rings me or anybody else from the bluetooth in her car you can barely hear her. It sounds like she's a million miles away and muffled.
The car has been back to Mitsubishi Scarborough 5 times and they are refusing to do anything about it. they say its a problem with her iphone 6 but I have tried my iphone 8 and that is the same. her phone is also fine when calling from other cars or just on its own.

Is there a way to increase the outgoing volume from the car? Has anybody else had this issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Tell her to ditch the Apple phone and get an Android.

My offspring have Apple phones and we can never hear what the snowflakes are rabitting on about whereas they can always here us saying 'what did you say you numpty?'

Sorry to add this, but I have an Android phone (Galaxy S5) and I've never had even the slightest problem with making outgoing calls via the car.

I think the microphone is in the pillar need the steering wheel.

First thing to try is make calls from the car from another phone connected via bluetooth.

To be sure, try Apple and non-apple phones.

Then you have some evidence to take back to the dealer.

I have a 68 plate 4H, it’s awesome however, the main issue with hands free, regardless of what phone that we connect to car, everyone comments on reception other end is dreadfully, sound like someone talking in a cave a million miles away.

Obviously an issue here, microphone position or sensitivity, seems to be very poor worse with added road noise on motorway and the new one is supposed to be much quieter than the last model.

Any suggestions?

I'd start by checking the mic is in its correct position. It's easy enough to pop the roof console off and check.

I've just got a new Phev 4H, and have the same problem, others calling me can hardly hear me when I'm driving, especially on the motorway. The Mrs has complained a few times now, yesterday I was driving along the M1 and she had to hang up it was that bad.

I have an android phone, never have an issue in my other vehicles with the same phone.

Any ideas how to find and check the mic location?

fuzed said:
I've just got a new Phev 4H, and have the same problem, others calling me can hardly hear me when I'm driving, especially on the motorway. The Mrs has complained a few times now, yesterday I was driving along the M1 and she had to hang up it was that bad.

I have an android phone, never have an issue in my other vehicles with the same phone.

Any ideas how to find and check the mic location?

This worries me a lot. When I borrowed for test drive I had the same problem - but hoped it was just a dodgy day - pick mine up soon and will be a little shafted if it doesn't work well.

I have the same problem. iPhone 6+ Outlander PHEV 2018 and calls using the car microphone are muted when connected with Bluetooth. Same with an Android phone.

Has anyone here tried Carplay and experienced choppy and distorted sound while driving? I spotted an Outlander PHEV North America facebook group post on this issue today and tested accordingly, and problem was repeatable. A few more tests to confirm and I'll have a reproducible problem for service to troubleshoot.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1627745663930945/?ref=group_header

It is a closed group, so here is a snippet from the discussion:
Re: CarPlay-Cell Phone
Anyone run into this? We’ve had others tell us that our calls seem garbled or intermittent when talking through the Mits via CarPlay. Initially, we thought it was the microphone in the car. However, we’ve managed to narrow or isolate the problem. It is only happening when the car is in motion. When sitting in traffic or at a red light, we can have a clear conversation...

One comment cited this technical correction: I read earlier here that service update TSB-18-54-004 solves the microphone problem. Part of the bulletin can be viewed here: https://www.carcomplaints.com/Mitsubishi/Outlander/2018/tsbs/

I have just bought a Outlander PHEV 18reg and have exactly the same issue with the microphone with the family complaining the audio sounds like I am down a corridor ! Is this a common issue with the Outlander ?

Back