Can I retrofit the new CarPlay unit to a 2014 PHEV?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssbarnea

I really miss the CarPlay on my 2014 PHEV and I wonder if it would be possible to replace the old one?

For example if I find one from a breakage? Would it work? If so, would I need help from Mitsubishi dealer for making it work or is mostly a drop-in? Is anyone in UK that can do this?

The stock head unit can be replaced, mine has been.

You loose the ev info etc and things like setting timers can only then be done via the phone app

I've got a 2016 and wondering the same about the head unit (I have the 3h+ so have to use the app anyway), I was also wondering whether if I download the app to an android headunit I could connect this to the car wifi and have the app running inside the car, has anyone tried this?

Do what I did - buy a compatible Pioneer head unit from eBay and the Appradio Unchained app. I have full phone usage from the head unit, not "just" Android Auto.

Mine's set up to be fully automated, so about 30 seconds after I start the car, the head unit is displaying my phone's Home screen, allowing me to listen to Deezer whilst navigating using Waze. The only functionality that I have lost is voice dialing from the steering wheel, but I can use Okay Google instead.

noxid1969 said:
I've got a 2016 and wondering the same about the head unit (I have the 3h+ so have to use the app anyway), I was also wondering whether if I download the app to an android headunit I could connect this to the car wifi and have the app running inside the car, has anyone tried this?

I dont see why not, people run phev watchdog on a droid head unit too.

With the MMCS there is a Can Bus connector for the EV and economy info does any one know whether the can bus connector on the car end would be available on a 3h+ so it could display this info if a gx4 head unit was installed? otherwise a straight android head unit for half the price is looking favourable

Rob. I have a 2018 model and want to do the same. Which unit did you replace it with and did the steering controls (volume, source and camera) work. Mitsubishi have one that goes into the Mirage 4 but its a fortune.

Thanks

Back