PHEV Watchdog on the play store

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreyBigFoot

Hey, hey, hey!

Finally everyone can get the most recent release of the Dog from Google's play store (no iOS version planned, sorry).

Still free, still awesome, no more nag screens (google won't allow it) but instead you'll get a little banner of ads at the bottom of the screen.

Everything is there except the online data sync feature as this is for contributors only.

Contributors SHOULD NOT get the App from google's play store, that's the ad based version. Instead they should download (as usual) the latest build from the website download page after login in.

Enjoy!

Get it from the play store with the link bellow:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=phev.watchdog

Good news ;-)

It is possible to install the google Play version, without losing the trips and battery history ?

Yes.

First of all do a backup from the settings menu to make sure the data is not lost.

Then I would recommend to try an install it without uninstalling the previous version.

If you manage to do this, then that should be enough... All data is upgraded automatically to the latest version.

If you do need to uninstall the previous version, then...

After installing the new version from the play store, restore the data from the backup you've made.

In order to do this make sure you renamed the backup file to: phevwd_logs.db

Also make sure inside the App's logs folder you have a folder named: backups

If not, create this folder and put the backup file there.

The App will only restore from there with this file name.

Ah missed that!

I couldnt install from play because it was already installed.

Didnt back up anything. oh well.

robdickinson said:
Ah missed that!

I couldnt install from play because it was already installed.

Didnt back up anything. oh well.

My old PHEV watchdog when kick on back up to file .. did nothing
I would have expected to kick n restore from file .. and have the option to select a file .. but instead ... nothing happen ... except I lost all trips and battery history

I had to uninstall the old "dog" .. and then Play allowed me to install the new one : 9.3

Yes ... I have new functionalities and no start up delay .. but ... I lost all my data

Just checked on my car the new "DOG"

For some reason the app is able to read the km and battery condition back in Feb 2017 ... how this is possible ?

What I find strange is that trips are no more stored ... (not only the old one which are gone as said above, but also not possible to create new one)

Before even without moving the car, I could start the DOG for few seconds and store the battery condition, the km on the clock, the time .. etc . And this was visible as trip with 0km

Now ... I can't see any trips in the history ... even after multiple start-stop live data.
It is needed now to move the car now for get the trips to be stored ?

Battery condition is looking to have been stored (only 2 record from Feb 2017, and the last today record) ... only trips storage is not looking to be working

PS: I did make a full data reset form Android setting before start for the 2nd time the DOG and connect to the PHEV ... but ... also this did not help for allow to store new "trips"

EDIT: I got my first trip recorded ... this did require to move my car for few meters ... strange .. before this was not needed for get a record ... maybe the previous fake trip tests have been not stored since my car was connected to the charger (but not charging) .. so it was switch on , but not "ready" for make any movement ... anyhow ... I would prefer to record every time I start and stop live data like it was before .. this is important to check the change in voltage and state of charge while the car is stationary after a trip .. the famous EV range lost after 2h parking

Back