Longer distance driving

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deltaevo

To date i have been really impressed with the economy of the PHEV. My drive to work is just shy of 30 miles, my battery is empty around 25 miles. The remaining miles seems to show the engine being used once or twice before I get to my place of work. I have been very happy with the petrol consumption several hundred miles before I need to put some fuel in.

However some of my journeys involve longer distances via motorway, I wondered if anyone has any tips on driving mode to use. I usually do my trips to work with Eco mode, set cruise control to around 60 mph, and use a mixture of regen when stopping at roundabouts or traffic lights.

So for longer distances is it better to go straight into save mode, or let the battery empty then use charge, or just let the PHEV do its own thing?

~Finally on a last note, THE BLOODY BATTERY DOOR FLAP IS A JOKE, I have dismantled this twice, and the spring still comes off, I have no foam on mine, is the dealer able to sort this out ? or has someone found a home grown cure?. TBH the car is amazing but let down by some inferior fittings.

Thanks all

Nick

Pretty much the same question was asked two days ago: http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3785

Don't think you'll get much more feedback than what is already there.

Back