MMCS replacement

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erwanoops

i'm trying to figure how to get rid of the crappy MMCS in my phev MY2018 with rockford fosgate and multiview camera

what i found so far :

the camera goes trought the camera-ECU (under the hands free (usbbox) module) is not cabled (pin wise) as the "old" without multiview
the changing of view is controler by the can bus (mid-c bus, i don't think we can acess it trought obd2)

the power apmli must be wake up and controlled trough and canbox or something like that :
connect2 interface don't seam to work for now (figuring with the tech support)
other brand ??

the steering wheel can be keept but the same canbox:
the connect2 work but don't register the camera button...

the hands free ECU must be unpluged and an adaptator from the wierd usb can be found on alliexpress

the gps antenna can be keept with an adaptor from GT5 male to wathever your new stereo need but the original one is not that better than any other and not that weel placed inside the car

the DAB-ecu not sure if it can be keept (controlled by can bus and then signal by a "line-in"

the oem can box (under the mmcs must be keept or the camera ECU fail)
i hope i can "hack" it with an arduino or rpi to control all oem function (clim,charging, etc...) as this interface acces the "private" second CAN bus and show those information back to the stereo

if any of you have more information to share or for other revision of the phev as finding information on MMCS for PHEV is really a pain in the a**

sorry for my english ;)

Hello erwanoops,
I’m in the same situation as you, can’t find any info.
Wondering if you managed to sort it all out. I like the cameras and don’t want to lose that function.

the camera goes trought the camera-ECU (under the hands free (usbbox) module) is not cabled (pin wise) as the "old" without multiview
the changing of view is controler by the can bus (mid-c bus, i don't think we can acess it trought OBD2) .....and this means?

the steering wheel can be keept but the same canbox:
the connect2 work but don't register the camera button...
Have managed to sort this out?

the hands free ECU must be unpluged and an adaptator from the wierd usb can be found on alliexpress
Can you give more detail? What is the hands free unit, what is the adapter for? And what exactly do you get from AlliExpress?

the DAB-ecu not sure if it can be keept (controlled by can bus and then signal by a "line-in"
I thought the DAB was simply part of the mmcs - or does it need another input?

the oem can box (under the mmcs must be keept or the camera ECU fail)
i hope i can "hack" it with an arduino or rpi to control all oem function (clim,charging, etc...) as this interface acces the "private" second CAN bus and show those information back to the stereo
Have you managed to sort this?

if any of you have more information to share or for other revision of the phev as finding information on MMCS for PHEV is really a pain in the a**
I think you’ve done an amazing job ...I’ve found nothing.

Have nearly given up as don’t want to lose the cameras....
Any help would be FANTASTIC

I don't know if this is relevant for the 2018, but when I did the research to replace my head unit I found this post very informative.

bbb

I'm really struggling to understand why people want to go to all this trouble. Granted, the MMCS may not be the leader in user experience, but it does a decent job. So what can one expect? A car is not a concert hall, not even a good environment for HiFi.
If I really want to listen to music I go home and crank up my Thorens TD 127, Vincent amplifier and Xanadu speakers and put on a nice LP. As for navigation, I find all integrated systems equally unreliable, the only thing that works more or less is Google Maps.

Back