Does PHEV need to be "awake" to start charging?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThudnBlundr

Recently we've been charging our Zoe and PHEV sharing the same charging point at home. Typically the Zoe gets first dibs, and then the PHEV gets plugged in when it's full, or the following morning. One day I got in the PHEV and the battery didn't seem to have charged any more, despite being plugged in for some time.

Then last night, I noticed the Zoe was charged when I walked past, and so I plugged in the PHEV. I expected the red light on the dash to come on and for it to start charging, but it did nothing. It was only when I opened the door that the usual process started.

The PHEV's charging is set on timer, but it should have been active at the time, and it did start charging when I opened the door. If I'd left it a few minutes, would it have started charging anyway? I've had a scan back through the forum, as searching produced too many results for the forum, but can't see anything about this...

Possibly the problem is with the PHEV MMCS timers setting

I did not manage to make this timer to work fine for me .. so I disabled on my MMCS/PHEV ..and I used a timer on the power line

Our PHEV has no problem to be connected to the J1772 charger/cable .. and have the charging box that start or stop based on the power switch on the wall/power line (at least stock 10A charger , other charger may behave differently)

I'm using WiFi power switch now .. which allow me to control these via my home Wifi from wherever in the world , plus I can set multiple timers too ... via the phone app

Back