Fog light fix on 1st generation PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elm70

Hi,

My PHEV did land in Poland with a broken fog light

My "cheap" importing dealer did fix it with a non original and not much compatible fog light.

As result ... both the fog lights work fine as fog lights, but these are also running as day lights, and the replaced one does not light up as day light. So I have since almost 2 years only 1 of the 2 day light 'active' ..

This can cause me to fail the technical inspection that I need to pass in 2 months from now.

My official service did ask me around 200 euros for replace the fog light (as always extremely expensive the "official service" next to me )

I did look on YouTube and is looking each Outlander has slightly different system for open and change the fog light ... still I did not find a video that match the Outlander version I own.

Anybody has experience on replacing the fog light on the PHEV ? Any tips ?

Thanks

Hi there,

If your car is like mine with the round Fog/DLR with a silver plastic surround, it very easy to remove.

Just pull the plastic surround toward you, if need be there is a small hole on the side which you can put a screw driver into to help you to gently pull the surround forward.

Once the plastic surround is off you have access to four screws, remove these and the light assembly can be removed.

If you need second hand Fog/DLR lights there are available on ebay-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USED-GENUINE-MITSUBISHI-OUTLANDER-DIESEL-PHEV-FRONT-FOG-LIGHT-WITH-DRL/223071159773?hash=item33f013c5dd:g:ijUAAOSwpoJbCw8Z

Hope that helps you...

Thanks

Good info

Yes my PHEV has a hole next to the fog light, which I did believe was for hosting a screw inside, but apparently it is not.

It sounds very similar to the Outlander I have see in a video .. but the plastic around the fog light was in quite a different shape compared to my PHEV

I will give a go this weekend

PS: More then replacing the fog light .. I was thinking if I could wire it in a different way, in order to use both power signal for activate the single light in the "wrong" lamp ... but .. maybe for little money I can source a proper light on the net (allegro is the ebay alternative here)

Just an update

Actually I fail to remove the plastic cover around the fog light on my 2013 PHEV .. so I end up having this done by service

It did cost me almost 200 euros :cry: ... but now it is done welll

Only now I did find out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=225&v=TsXHUNTuDpI

Back