Charging cost

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekwloo

I just recently got my Outlander PHEV. Loving it so far. I finally got around to configuring the charging cost screen. When I entered my rate per KWh and checked this morning the cost was higher that I expected. If I'm doing the math correctly, it used closer to 27 kwh of electricity to charge, not around the 12 I expected. Are my expectations wrong?

The most you will be able to put into the battery is around 9 or perhaps 10 kWh. Are you sure it's just from one charge? If so, I think your math(s) must be wrong...!

I'm in Canada, our electricity is about 7 cents per KWh. So I configured it at 0.07. Plugged in the car last night, and this morning it said "This charge: $1.92".

I'll give it another couple days and see if it changes, maybe it was including data from another charge?

120v

I just reset all the data and I'll see what it says after next charge. I might have messed up the settings and had it calculate part of the charge at a higher value.

I can't figure this thing out. I cleared the data, the next day, all good. It showed 0.70 this charge and 0.70 this month. Next morning, good again, it showed 0.65 this charge and 1.35 this month. 10 minutes later its gone back to 0.70 this charge and 0.70 this month.

Tried again with clearing the data. It records the first charge fine, and then seems to forget the rest of the charges and always shows me data from the first charge only. Has anyone else been able to successfully use this screen?

I saw exactly the same thing! The car was new, and I had charged it for 3 days before I got around to entering a price for the kWh in the charging cost screen. Once I did that, the first charge was listed as $5.70 (around 33 kw), so my first charge seems to be the first 4 charges combined. After that, each day looks correct. I think it is a bug of sorts, where the charge amount is accumulated until there is a value for the energy cost.

Back