Data Logs

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drdel

We all know companies are getting into the 'small print' to avoid warranty claims. Anyone know if the PHEV logs 'excess' speed.

My in-car camera recorded my Dealer's driver at over 104mph (dual carriageway) when returning my PHEV from servicing and I just wondered if this may have ben logged by the car.

Just as well I don't have an insurance 'black box' that some insurers are now installing!

Probably not excessive for the car, but, assuming Drdel is in the UK(?), illegal. The limit on unrestricted dual carriageways is 70 MPH. If he'd done that in my car, the footage would be on it's way to the police, and his employers.

I am in the UK so yes it was well over the 70mph limit.

However, I was more interested in whether anyone has an idea what data might be logged as I know some manufacturers log frequency of engine over speed. e.g. revs in the 'red' zone.

Not to worry. The car is limited to 106 mph. It is impossible to push the engine into the red zone. 104 mph is within the operating limits. Personally I would have liked it to have been designed for 125 mph, which is useful for Autobahn use, at least for the occasional burst to drive with the traffic.

Back