Remote Heating - Cant Make It Work

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jevansio

Hi chaps

Just want to know if im doing something stupid here, I have a 2015 4h. In the remote heating settings i have the start time set to 6:20 and that option selected for each day and the heating option selected, yet the car doesnt heat up at that time. Its connected to the standard 240v wall socket in the garage. Even when i open the door and get in and turn the car on (push button without foot on brake) so the A/C screen becomes active it continually blows cold air (even with temp on 29 and fan on max). Only when i fully start the electrics and move the car (under electric alone - usually have to pull the temp down to 23 to stop the petrol starting) does it start to blow hot air (so its obv the electric heater).

Am i doing something wrong? am i supposed to be using my phone or something? (i dont have the car password to enable wireless atm)

Thanks in advance

Jay

jevansio said:
Hi chaps

Just want to know if im doing something stupid here, I have a 2015 4h. In the remote heating settings i have the start time set to 6:20 and that option selected for each day and the heating option selected, yet the car doesnt heat up at that time. Its connected to the standard 240v wall socket in the garage. Even when i open the door and get in and turn the car on (push button without foot on brake) so the A/C screen becomes active it continually blows cold air (even with temp on 29 and fan on max). Only when i fully start the electrics and move the car (under electric alone - usually have to pull the temp down to 23 to stop the petrol starting) does it start to blow hot air (so its obv the electric heater).

Am i doing something wrong? am i supposed to be using my phone or something? (i dont have the car password to enable wireless atm)

Thanks in advance

Jay

If you don't have the WiFi password, you should disable WiFi

On my 2013 PHEV, before disabling WiFi, the MMCS setting for configure charging time and AC/Heating time, it was not working

A easy way to check if MMCS timer works fine ... test with AC... the PHEV AC is quite loud when it starts .. so no need to open a door for know that it is running

Timer works fine independently if the car is connected or not to a charger
Timers don't work if the car is not "off" ... as well doors need to be closed

Awesome result it works :) many thanks mate

PS to disable wifi you need to unregister all phones (using that hazzards on .... 10 presses on remote .... 20 presses on remote sequence from the manual)

jevansio said:
Awesome result it works :) many thanks mate

PS to disable wifi you need to unregister all phones (using that hazzards on .... 10 presses on remote .... 20 presses on remote sequence from the manual)

10/20 presses ... exactly what I did on mine some time ago.

Good to hear this did work also for you.

Next step ... is keyfob hacking to activate 10 minute of heating or AC from the key, this is the most valuable feature for me ... since program on MMCS can be easily forgotten ... and 10min in winter time it may not be enough for defrost the car

If you go down the keyfob hack route, you can set the run time of the heating/cooling for 10, 20, or 30 minutes in the MMCS or the phone app. I set mine at 30 minutes, as it stops when you open a door anyway.

Back