What is the best electric tariff to be on in the uk

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian1986

Hi there I’ve had my Outlander phev for about 2 years now and have found that the electricity charge is costing more than when you worked it out before I got it my bill has like doubled I’m with eon what is the best company to go with and best tarif to get cheap rates.

I just used USwitch and got EON fixed for a year cheaper than they could offer me direct, about 14.9 pence a unit but I use Solar to offset the charging during the day. My charging cost is between 17p a day (sunny) and £1.09 (grey and overcast) and it is adding about £15 a month to my usual bill.

We pay 4.99p per kWh with greenenergy on the tide tariff. Saving quite a bit by doing all charging overnight at this rate. Also when you start doing all the electricity heavy tasks such as dishwashers, tumble driers and washing machines overnight it starts to amount to significant savings.

Let me know if you want more info. Can show you a monthly bill so you can see how it works.

Sasheo said:
We pay 4.99p per kWh with greenenergy on the tide tariff. Saving quite a bit by doing all charging overnight at this rate. Also when you start doing all the electricity heavy tasks such as dishwashers, tumble driers and washing machines overnight it starts to amount to significant savings.

Let me know if you want more info. Can show you a monthly bill so you can see how it works.

Watch out for the peak evening rates though. They are currently 30p/kWh!

Ian1986 said:
Hi there I’ve had my Outlander phev for about 2 years now and have found that the electricity charge is costing more than when you worked it out before I got it my bill has like doubled I’m with eon what is the best company to go with and best tarif to get cheap rates.

Households use around 10kWh per day and as you are now using approx. an additional 10kWh per charge for your electric car you will have doubled your usage. :)

Back