Do all Outlander PHEV have wifi? if so why cant i connect?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko

hi, I have just bought a 2014 outlander PHEV gx3 h, in my owners pack it gives instruction on how to connect to the wifi to use the remote app but when i try the set up procedure nothing happens, no audible beep or any indication to show it works, i have made sure the door is closed and i have tried countless times to lock and unlock 10 times with no luck, i also noticed that on the forum someone suggested resetting the wifi with the hazards on and that also did nothing which got me thinking it might not even have wifi at all but it seemed strange to provide me with a booklet that gave instructions like it was fitted with it. so my question is do all PHEV's have wifi if so i can rule out the fact it might just not have it.
If they do all have wifi can somebody help with why i wouldn't be hearing a beep? as i have clearly followed the instructions and have also watched youtube videos where it has work for the youtuber but the exact same don't work for me.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
kind regards
mark

Pretty sure it is linked to having an electric heater.

But even if your car has it, it will 'disappear' when no phone is paired. You have to perform the pairing process in order to 'wake up' the WiFi.

Thanks for the replies, it seems strange to be provided with the booklet to link to WiFi if it doesn't have the feature and it is the pairing process to wake it up that I am having no luck with. But if it doesn't have WiFi that would explain why it won't wake up.
Is there any other gx3h owners out there that have the WiFi working?

No Marko - I have a 2014 Gx3h and, as there is no electric heater (to save money) there is no Wifi because it would have nothing to control. This was made quite clear at the time. Again, to save money, only one manual for all models.

Back