Rear light replacement

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK

Can any one help? Having cracked, my fault a post moved, the offside tailgate light I have purchased a scrapped replacement. When it arrives how do I replace it? I have been told it is a simple job. It is on a 2016 4H. Thanks In advance.

I imagine most users are like me and click on "view new posts" option and, at least, open each topic to see if there is anything to interest them, not because we have something useful to add.

Given the design of the car it is difficult to break the rear light cluster without damaging the adjacent body panel - so most users with the problem will probably have had theirs replaced by a bodyshop. However, having done this on other cars, it is usually a simple job once you have removed the panel in the boot behind it - that might be tricky! Also a new cluster will be bloody expensive, as it will almost certainly be a complete unit not separate lens etc.

A new light unit from Mitso was approx £350 inc VAT plus fitting. I sourced one from a scrap yard at £190 inc postage. I couldn't see how to remove the panel inside the rear door so my local accident repair shop replaced it for £30. All done.

Back